Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Interesting weekend. Met the guy who is better then anyone else on earth

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting weekend. Met the guy who is better then anyone else on earth

Freez,

What line of work are you in?

~HoundDog

Old 06-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Interesting weekend. Met the guy who is better then anyone else on earth

Hey guys this is head027 I am at predmatt24's house right now and I just wanted you all to check something out...go to www.hpd-inc.com then go to HPD in action and click on race results. It shows the results of Doug and Matt at Monkey Butt. They raced Dougs Predator and Dougs 400 Sport...don't even say anything about a sport being slow because it will outrun the predator. Doug has also had a 4-wheeler called the Beast which he sold. It was a 3-cylinder and would run 3.8's. He never got beat on it.

Old 06-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Oh... and one other thing freez you have not proved us wrong yet so don't even say that.

Old 06-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Freez, did i ever say my dad WASNT using different cams, piston, and set up. If you would have listened to head you would have looked at what stage 3 is. And with those mods, plus some others my dad IS putting out that much HP, and it's a good thing you believe us because its true. 60 hp is nothin, my motocross bike is pushin close to that. I'm gettin tired of arguing with you, instead of spendin my day lookin up equations that dont do any good unless you test them, I'll be putting cams in and testing different set ups.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

I love physics, I could read this all day.

Do any of you guy go to The Physics Forum?

Pretty serious stuff. I know my physics pretty well and I don't even post on there out of fear of sounding like an idiot.

Old 06-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Matt and Head....half of these guys probably haven't even rode a pred before, or if they have, they are too ignorant to believe the pred is capable of producing quick drag times, and lots of power....while still having the capibility of being an mx racer. If you guys want to throw all of these equations at us Iowa boys(pred boys), let me have a look at some of your stuff......I understand math real well, in fact I am going to college for an engineering degree right now, so physics and calculus are right up my alley......Come to Iowa if you guys are so confident........

Matt & Head...I'm comming down tomorrow to get the brake thing done finally.....around 10am.......maybe I'll even get a few more performance parts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, both side are correct in this discussion. There are not any 60 HP stock Predators. A good running (stock) Predator will turn 40 to 42 Hp. But with that being said, The Predator can easily be made to turn 60+ HP with alot less work than you think. So all of you wanting to race a 60HP Predator, be careful. If Doug shows up, you will lose. Predmatt is telling you the truth, the nicholas camp does indeed have some of the fastest Predator's in the country. Power is only 1/2 the equation, traction and driver abilty has just as much to do with it. And they HAVE IT . But don't
put all Predator owner's in the same class as one loud mouth that daddy bought a Predator for, some of just enjoy the competition, win or lose.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Nicely put SP700racer. Heck if you have 300 HP and can't hook up whats the point? I know the beast had over 300 HP and it would spin the whole drag but it still ran 3.8's...if it coulda hooked up it woulda been incredible.

Old 06-04-2004, 07:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

very true head and sp700

Old 06-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

PredMatt, what kind of times does this predator run in the 300's? No one else seems to know. Also, are you guys going to aledo for the atpn's? a lot of fast quads there.

Quick Reply: Interesting weekend. Met the guy who is better then anyone else on earth