Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

OREGON DUNES

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2000, 04:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone here ride at the Oregon dunes.I live in a small town called Lowell just about 50 miles from the Florence,Oregon Dunes.Possibly the best place to ride on earth.

Old 08-03-2000, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Certaintly one of the best....try to always make that 6 hour drive to go ride...

Old 08-03-2000, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Yea I have been there... will be alot more after my raptor comes in

Old 08-03-2000, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

I grew up in Lebanon, Oregon. I've always wanted to go 4-wheeling at the dunes but haven't made it yet, but was just discussing a trip to Florence next summer with my wife and kids. We usually go to Newport or Waldport for summer vacation.
Any suggestions for riding at the dunes would be good?
What and where to rent some bikes as I don't want to pull mine all the way to the coast.

Old 08-03-2000, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

Made the trip twice now from AZ, well worth the 24 hours to get there. There's a great KOA camp ground just north of the town of North Bend. If you want to rent ATV's the place is right next door, look for the WWII Tank! Great place to ride, dunes, trails, and the beach what more could you ask for, I love the place. There is a web site with all the info, I can't remember it right now but maybe someone else has got it? Great place for a family vacation, lots to see and do away from the dunes as well.

Old 08-04-2000, 02:36 AM
Range Rover

I have ridden in the Oregon dunes near Coos Bay. It’s something like Grover Beach/Pismo Dunes, much larger area though.

Old 08-04-2000, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oregon, yes definetly one of the best! Very green and lush compared to other dune areas. Lots of trees and other green growth. Pismo (my standard haunt): nice, more barren with only slight greenery and modest hills. Glamis, huge major walls (hills) and lots of acres. Serious off-road sand site, Dunes, Dunes, Dunes, lots of expensive eye candy. Try to hit them all if at all possible. Variety is key...

Rude Dog

Trending Topics

Old 08-05-2000, 02:41 AM
Range Rover

DreamDuner, you made the trip and saw the cannon, huh? Cool. I live about 4 hours from Coos Bay, but it's worth the drive. I ride near Coos bay right off of Hauser Road. I don't get out there often, but it's definitely the coolest riding I've ever done. Hope to get to Glamis when I buy a Raptor next spring.

Old 08-05-2000, 09:59 AM
Range Rover

99WarMachine, yes very cool place to ride compared to AZ in the summer(110 today)! I live about 4 hours from Glamis and make about 6 trips a year (Oct - April). If your planing a trip let me know, I'll be happy to show you around. Very big dunes, you'll need paddle tires for that Raptor! I have one on order also, hope to have it soon. Anyway, Oregon dunes is way cool, I love riding on the beach. Later

Old 08-05-2000, 11:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

I grew up in Eugene and the only time that I have been on the dunes @ Florence was back in the 80's on a Honda Odessey. Now living in Spokane and bought a 97 Warrior that came with paddle tires on wheels. The only dune riding area around here is west by Moses Lake and have not been there yet.
Will most likely go to Florence next summer and camp at Honeymoon state park.
The best riding around here is east over by Wallace Idaho which has a huge trail system for ATV'S in the mountains with great views however its high fire danger and to hot to ride right now.

Quick Reply: OREGON DUNES