Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior>> starter wont hit, have to push start...please help??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior>> starter wont hit, have to push start...please help??

gotta 98 warrior.... i jumped on it last week.... went to start it.. and was turning over but suddenly just stoped... the battery acts like its dead... but itsnt... cause even when i put my booster on it the lights will go very dim often when playing with the switches.... i thought it was the soloid. it seems fine i crossed it over didnt work.... but behind the soloid there are 2... squareish looking plugs that some wires run into and stop... on mine the one in the back... which is white on mine.... its making clicking nosies and crap
when u hit the startor and sometiems hit the light switch? i talked to a yama guy at dealer he said this usally dont got bad.. but can anyone help me ??? is it my startor.. i guess my next approach is running juice rigth to the startor see if it works??

any info would be great.... push starting sucks!!!

Warrior>> starter wont hit, have to push start...please help??

Old 06-14-2004, 02:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Try charging up the battery, check the ground connections for clean and tight. Then, while pressing the starter button, check the voltage on the battery, if it drops below 10 volts, get it load tested. Sounds like your battery is history.

Old 06-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Try cleaning the sineloid up check for rust in it and try changing the relays with automotive relays its way better that should fix the problem keep us posted. Try to also take off the starter and test it individually if it works it might be the stator.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

battery is fine.... i have a booster i hook up to it and it makes no diff... on the stator tho... i noticed the other day when it was running and i had it in neutral the green light wasnt keeping a steady stream of light...

also i can switch the relays to automotive ones?? never heard or that..

Old 06-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Yes i actually got mine from a toyota dont know the model because it was a friend of mine who got it. Yes you can switch them they will last longer and give you less probs just talk to some one that knows wich relay is failing and search for a good replacement.

The green light thing its a effect of the relay tell me if you try to turn it on it dose the sound and instead of the light keeping on does it flash or go away? if so its prolly the relays

Old 06-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

hey cotton i see that you have all trac tires in the rear do they work good in mud and in trails?

Old 06-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

the neutral light is on at first dim.. and u hit the startor button u will usually hear a noise from the back relay and the light will go out.... the headlights also do pretty much the same thing... if i unplug this relay nothing works

o and i like my all-tracs alot, lots of bite lots of tread, they seem to work well in sand and do very well in mud. as long as the mud isnt too sticky they stay fairly clean, they worked well in snow too...althougth at times u may think there a lil too agressive because it can be hard to slide sometimes depending on the terrian..o well i like em would buy them agian

Old 06-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Ok if the neutral light is doing that you might want to change the relays but you can put the same relays if you want you can find them in your nearest yammi dealer. But first if you have a buddy or someone you know with a used warrior relay borrow it and test with that relay usually the relay that give those problems is the green one the last one if im not mistaken. find a replacement and see how it goes.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and thanks for for the info from the tire was thinking on purchasing it.

Keep me posted on the starting problem.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

my friend had an old warrior, and the push button never worked, so what he did was turn the kill switch an key to on, then get a piece of metal, and connect the starter relay post and it acts like u pushing the button. try that, and it might just be a bad connection somewhere. if that doesnt work, u might need to change some parts, just dont get shocked by connecting the post, there is a lot of sparks.

Quick Reply: Warrior>> starter wont hit, have to push start...please help??