Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Carbs??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Carbs??

I am looking to purchase a new set of carbs for my bike very soon. Now bke is stock with just CPI inframes and K&N with Pro Flow adapter. I am planning on sending out this fall and getting bike built up. Gonna need bigger carbs. Planning on PWK35's. Anyone here anything bad from them or anything befroe I purchase. Thanks

Old 06-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

I had 33 PWK's on my white/blue Banshee and 35 PWK's on the black Banshee. I like these carbs but they do have things that I don't like about them. Stiff throttle pull and the (thumb) throttle cable. The cable needs to be shimmed to get all the slack out. To reduce the stiff throttle, you can shave the carb springs but do that at your own risk. You don't want them sticking wide open.

Almost forgot to mention, that you're most likely going to have a stiff throttle with any aftermarket carb setup.

Daren

Old 06-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

Thanks Daren. AGAIN!! Where did you find to be the best place to buy them? And Price? Thanks

Old 06-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

Well, the best prices are probably on Ebay. I saw a set sell for $280 brand new from Trick Racing. I'm not sure whether or not they would come with the correct needle for your application. That might not have included the throttle cable either. Other than that, I'm not sure where the best place to buy them would be.

Daren

Old 06-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

Will I be able to use my K&N and proflow adapter that I used with stock carbs or would I have to buy 2 seperates w/o the airbox?

Old 06-14-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

Well, you're probably going to want to go with two clamp on filters. Unless you really work at it, you won't be able to get the 33 or 35 pwk carbs to fit in there with the stock boots that mount onto the front of the airbox. It can be done, it just isn't easy.

The clamp on filters make it very easy to work on the bike too. You won't have to fight with the airbox anymore. If you still want to ride in wet conditions, then you'll definitely want to keep the airbox.

By the way, with that big of a carb, you are going to need bigger intakes manifolds. You might be able to make them fit, but if you do you'll likely see the intake boot tear.

Daren

Old 06-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

I figured that one both situations. Been looking for a set of clamp ons tonight. On the manifolds dont they usualy run aroun $200 thanks

Old 06-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

Yep, think you're right with that price.

Daren

Old 06-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

They wont run too good until you get it built. Will probably still run right on top, but be crappy on bottom.

Old 06-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Carbs??

34PJ's make more bottom and almost as much topend power as the PWK's. I run 34PJ's on my ported 350 and 35 PWK's on my 4mm stroker. I have cut and filed the springs on both sets of carbs. UPP makes a set of urethane boots so the carbs can be mated to the stock airbox, however, the stock airbox is sooo restrictive that I would use clamp-on filters with outerwears. Don't but the expensive pro design intakes. You can find cheaper ones for $130-150 that are just as good.

PS. You shouldn't have a problem with the throttle cable. I never got the chance to look at Darens, but I have bought two different Motion Pro cables that were actually longer than they were supposed to be. That might have been his problem. The cables had the right number but the lower cable was too long. Motion Pro #101-813 is the cable that fits most all aftermarket carbs for the banshee. I used it with my old mikunis and with both the Keihins.

Quick Reply: Banshee Carbs??