Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

sport or UT

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport or UT

What do yuo guys think the wolvf reallyt is my dad thinks that it is a full on sport machine but it is 4x4 come on now. I broke 3 things in the last 2 days riding at a track and he thinks its my fualt.. tell me what you think the wolverine really stands oiut in.. doing mud or doing 30 foot jumps

Old 06-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default sport or UT

It is NOT a sport quad... It is made more for the trail rider in my eyes. It is NOT made to do 30ft jumps LOL.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default sport or UT

Nuff said. You better get a new quad soon, cause your gonna keep breaking more and more if you keep using it for what its not made for.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default sport or UT

Any more LOL thanks at least some people know what i am talking about

Old 06-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default sport or UT

The wolverine is a sport insired utility. IT can handle a lot of track use in stock from, but upgrades will be needed if you plan to do much. It has higher gears, longer supention, and can not hold as much weight as most 4x4's. The wolvy is hands down the best of both words, IMHO...

Old 06-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default sport or UT

hey blaster you dont know what your talking about. i jumped my wolv and it broke apart i have some up grades and it didnt change a thing the wolv is a ut only.

Old 06-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default sport or UT

you cant jump a wolv. it is a ut only . by jumping it your only going to be braking stuff on it and it wont be worth it to fix. i would buy a better sport quad! i sugest the honda 450r or new sick yfz450. they have some cheap rappys in papershop o.!!

Old 06-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default sport or UT

psh.. he still desent believe me..

Old 06-14-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default sport or UT

I will not argue this statment. Our 95 wolvy saw a lot of air time back in the day. Of course i was young and lighter then also. I know it can not handle jumping the doubles at the local MX park, but it can handle jumping pond dams and terraces in feilds. Landing is the key, nice ance smooth. I never had many problems landing nicely on that machine. Exactly what parts are you breaking? I would like to know, so i can strengthen my wolverine, as it is a project and will be holding 28" mud tires.

You say you have upgrades. Any to the suspention system, drive terrain, and frame. I can not locate any in your sig. Also i see you need handlebars and brake lever. Are these the parts you broke? If so, that is understandable. The wolverine weighs a good 100+ pounds more than a sport quad and the more weight would damage those items.

Please tell me what "parts" you broke jumping the wolverine. I would like to know.

Old 06-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default sport or UT

Well in the last 2 days my teeth on my axle and my hub cap stripped and on the axle the nut bracket broke in half and my wheel came flying off the track.. Then i came up the next day with it all tack welded on and half way around the track from me hitting the trottle hard for accel that my gutless wolf wont put out my throttle cable broke and stayed in high rev throwing me off the machine around a turn...my suspension is also worn to nothing after hitting the jumps.. i am bottoming out on every little 5 ft jump i hit. also from the impact from the jumps my front wheel bearings are going to need to be replaced very soon .....

It wasent me that said you did not know what you qhere talkign about that was my buddy that was at my house.. I dont have any suspension or long travel mod that would make me better at jumping..

Quick Reply: sport or UT