Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

you banshee guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you banshee guys

i wanna trade my raptor for a banshee and i have no clue how a banshee is so can you guys let me know here are the questions i have .
what do yuo think of them ?
will they be good in upstate new york lots of hill?
how fast are they ?
how bout snow i like to road ride in the snow?
are they good for a 6ft 1 man that like 210 lbs?
is 2 stroke good or bad?
maintance?
wheelies an endos jumps?
the power band ?
mud we have lots ?

any one have a banshee they wanna trade for a 01 raptor i live in ny ?

Old 06-14-2004, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default you banshee guys

1. they are good quads if you use them how they were made to be used. they are ment for speed and the dunes.

2. they are really fast.

3. they do alright in the snow with the right tires but it doesnt have the low end four stroke grunt for the deep stuff

4. it would be ok for your size

5. two strokes are good and bad. it depends on what you want to do with it, if you want speed and more speed. two strokes are awsome. and 4 strokes are good for about everything else.

6. the two stroke maintnence is a little more than a fourstroke. you have to rebuild them every once and a while. and on the banshee you have to premix oil. other than that its pretty much the same as a fourstroke.

7. the power bands are neon green. ( just kidding ) you have to get used to the power band but once you know how to use it, its great.

8. it is definatly not a mudder. it is a sport with 2 wheel drive you will probably get stuck.

well i hope this helps.

aussieman

Old 06-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default you banshee guys

Aussie hit it pretty much on the head. There is no way I would trade mine for a raptor. I like raptors but I love my banshee. In my opinon a banshee is as good at climbing hills as you are at finessing the clutch. The banshee's power really kicks in when the revs are up and if your are on a hill or wanting the power you have to know how to make the bike do what you want. Once you learn how to use its power it is hard for any bike to beat it.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default you banshee guys

Mon June 14, 2004 5:22 PM (NEW!)

HI I'm 6'4" and about 210 and I'm very comfortable on my banshee I have rode a raptor and I did not like how it felt, When you say lots of hills what are they like rocky alot of turns or are they just steep straght hills , Banshee is good for speed it is not a 4x4 but it will go up the steepest hill with the right speed, As for the snow I take mine up in the snow all the time I use my sand paddles but it has to be some what packed down they wont go in the powder to much tire spin it just sinks, As for the 2 stroke and the power band theres nothing like it it kicks a$$. I have never taken my in the mud though.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default you banshee guys

I will say this about the mud. If it looks like it is real slick give her a dose of right thumb and keep your @ss on the back of the seat if you want to hook up.