Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

GRIZZ PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2000, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look and tell me what ya think...

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/grizzly_99_75771

This is a BEAST!!

Old 08-07-2000, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Great pics! I have a question though. Do you have one or two snorkels on the belt system? And also does this system have to have heat from the motor?

Old 08-07-2000, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

You have an intake and an exhaust for the belt. Needs no heat from motor, this is why there is an intake and exhaust. Intake=fresh air......Exhaust=hot air.

TAZ

Old 08-07-2000, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok I am confused. On my stock machine both the intake and the exhaust are run into the same vent hose. My question is do I need to use two snorkels or can I just use one?

Old 08-08-2000, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer

If I was guess'n you took your seat off and seen your plastic intake. Now look at the front of the motor and low and behold there is the exhaust, with a rubber boot on it. There is no way it could work through one opening. Its like drinking a drink with a straw. You can't drink and blow bubbles at the same time. Hope this helps.

TAZ

Old 08-08-2000, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

The vents that are on my Grizzly both come into one y and both come out in front of the motor. I took the side plastic cover off of mine and looked at it .

Old 08-08-2000, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2000, 01:50 AM
Trailblazer

The part your looking at is the exhaust side. Only need one snorkel for this side. Where it comes out in the front of the motor is where you tie your snorkel into. It took me a minute but I follow what you was asking. Hope this helps.

TAZ

Old 08-11-2000, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

look behind the carb and you will see the second stock snorkel taz is talking about.it runs from your tranny across the crankcase and up under the air box. it will be hard plastic. this is your intake . your exhaust is the one that y's into one at the front of your motor. there isno need to run seperate lines for the exhaust, just run one off the end of your exhaust and one of the end of your intake. the exhaust is simple, the intake will be more tricky.
hope i helped here.

LATER

Old 08-11-2000, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Mrs. TAZGRIZZ:

This reply is to inform you that you are to receive two(2) knots on your ugly head for referring to your little Grizz as a Beast. You have been warned in the past, and now you shall pay the price. There is only one BEAST and it is in my garage. Prepare to be popped on top of your head. Please do not offer the services of your woman in exchange for a lesser punishment. I retain her services on a regular basis free of charge.

By the way, do you think THE BEAST would high center if I drove it over the top of your Grizz. I ask because I am not sure if it would clear the snorkels.

Your Daddy,

Greg

Quick Reply: GRIZZ PICS