Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Listen up yamaha owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Listen up yamaha owners

I have asked this question before, but since you yamaha riders are a little bit slower in literacy rate then us suzuki riders i understand. lol Jus kidding................................not really. Any how this is the second time i read in the Dirt Wheelers magazine that yamaha is going up the cc's on the yfz-450 to a true 450. Is this correct if so when? I am interested in it?

Old 06-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

05's were released on the 15th, the cc bump didn't happen

Old 06-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't count on it...At least for a couple years

It looks like both Honda and Yamaha will be putting a 470 kit out on the market anyways, so in the end it would most likely be cheaper to buy a 439cc YFZ, then buy the 470 kit rather than to buy the true 450...

And with the 470 coming, they might even scrap the true 450 all together...

and my experience with dirt wheels has been this... They sell magazines, and seem to write what appeals most to the consumers response..I wouldn't trust them too much [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. Don't trust everything you see in DirtWheels magazine. As for the true 450, I don't think it will happen at all because it's just a waste of time. If Yamaha was really concerned about it they would have made it a 450 in the first place.. I think you'll see a big bore kit long before you ever see a true 450.

Old 06-17-2004, 01:57 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: Shav0
I agree. Don't trust everything you see in DirtWheels magazine.
They are good reading for the outhouse though and better for emergency if no toilet paper.

Old 06-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Well, first of all, us Yamaha riders slower at a literacy rate than you Suzuki guys because we think that it makes ya'll feel good to be able to beat us at something, I mean we cant help it that our bikes outrun yours. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. If you want to know if the 450's Displacment went up then go to www.Yamaha-Motor.com and see what it says there. As for you being interested in it, that is something you will have to decide for yourself.

Old 06-17-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

WHy would Dirt Wheels even put that in there in the first place, especially for yamaha's . Dont you think they would do it for Kawi. or suzuki. There must some truth to the story. This is the second time i have read about it in the magazine. Here i will tell you the page and issue...................page 12 of july's issue. They said it would stay the same for 2005. But 2006 is supposed to get the true 450. Mybe this is becuase that will be the time Suzuki and Kawi. will release there new sport quad. Come on yamaha riders,this is what i am saying, you have got to put the puzzle peices together!

Old 06-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

lol TRUST ME...you won't be seeing one soon..It just isn't necessary...

The YFZ is a 439cc engine that keeps up with, and depending on rider is faster than the honda 450cc engine..there is no real need for yammi to go through the development and strain of puttin an entirely new quad on the market right now...once again, i'll reference the 470 kit..once you slap that on the YFZ, the honda and the future Suzuki will be eating roost..

Old 06-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Murdr,

I think they just wanted to give you Suzuki riders a SCARE!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

Well besides the fact that Dirt wheels is proyamaha anyways, they probably are trying to give us a scare. I am just surprises me that you yamaha guys havent heard anything about it.

Quick Reply: Listen up yamaha owners