Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 02:43 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Originally posted by: Flynbryan

Ahh, you bet me to it RAPTORYFM660r. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You explained it better than me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would have no problem selling my quads because of there virgin status / all stock

Old 06-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Hey pinhead, I disagree with everyone else on the virgin motor thing. I'm 20 years old and I've owned and registered in my name 3 four-wheelers and 15 vehicles. To get the most out of your machine you have to know the buyer. If some dad wants to come check out your bike for his son then sure leave out the built motor part. The truth is the people who buy Raptors are usually those with a need for speed. Most people will think it's awesome that the motor is all built and as long as it looks clean and runs good then you'll get a little extra for the work. I bought an 01 Raptor off some guy that's been rebuilt with a new cam and piston and many other mods. I paid about $800 more than a stock 01 Raptor was going for at the time used. If you ask me it was the smartest thing I did. It would have cost me so much more to do all the work myself, but now my only concern is just maintenance. I also bought a 99 Integra GS-R over two years ago and I bought it bone stock. I dumped about $5000 into looks and speed and the car was barely any faster. I totalled it out a little over a year ago and lost tons of money on it. This last winter I bought another Integra GS-R. This one is a 2001 and I paid the same amount for the last one, considering that the 99 was two years ago. This one came supercharged with all kinds of goodies icluding body kits and a nitrous fogger system. Before I bought it I made sure it ran good, but know I couldn't be happier that I did. I saved myself literally over $10,000 because I made someone else do the work. Sure it's not quite the way I would have customized it and I would have gone with a turbo, but for saving over $10,000 I can't complain. In short, what I'm saying is that if some young guy comes to look at your Raptor I'd brag that thing up so much that the poor kid will do anything to get it. People will pay a lot for something if you make it so unbelievably cool to them that they'll even beg mommy and daddy to help them get it.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't sell it! That thing rocks!

Old 06-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Raptoryfm660R, what all quads do u own anyway, just curious.

Old 06-24-2004, 03:06 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Right now I have a kawasaki and some honda's and of course the 01 virgin raptor

Old 06-24-2004, 03:09 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

motox26,

I just looked at your pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I had a 97 KDX 220 and wore it out, great bike. I now have a KDX 200 and like it even better.

Old 06-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Well i dont really want to sell it but.. i can see myself doing better things with the money.. its been a great ride and what not but i dont ride it as much as i wanted to and theres nothing much more i can /or want to do to it//; i wanna get my buddies bike so i can rock it out and make it a straight up dragster.. or me and my bro were thinking. .that if i got rid of the bike then we could put about 12 grand into buying/ making a sand rail something we could both enjoy and both love to ride and work on.. I dont plan on getting out of it what i got into it but it is a sweet ride and produces alot more power than a stock raptor.. I personally have changed the oil and filter every time i go out! i want nothing but the best for this beast plus ive been running about 100 octane 91 and 110 mix and shes running perfect carbs are as clean as a wistle thats my story im just finding out what i should do

Old 06-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah I need to update my pics sometime with my Z and get some clearer pics. I really miss that KDX, it was an awsome dirtbike.

Old 06-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

Pinhead, I'm actually really serious about buying it. I live in SLC and either one of my friends or myself wouldn't mind getting it. E-mail me at jcallahan83@hotmail.com if you'd like and we can discuss figures.

Old 06-25-2004, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$

sent ya a email [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]