Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Don't lose your ATV rights..Vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't lose your ATV rights..Vote on this poll

this is from the ABC sand dunes story.. " At the same time, the Bush administration is advocating reopening nearly 50,000 acres of the land closed a year and half ago after environmentalists brought a lawsuit against the Bureau of Land Management. "
GO BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

"The administration is abandoning the settlement we negotiated that was providing a balanced approach to the use of these dunes," said Daniel Patterson, an ecologist with the Center for Biological Diversity. If eventually approved, off-roaders will have nearly 120,000 acres. 120,000 thats a lot of dunes....

Old 06-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

65.3% our favor.
Keep up the good work.

If the guy at the beginning of the story would just fence off his land & charge admission he'd be rich!

seriously though, that tresspassing thing would get to be a hassle. Private land is private land. I just hate to see the econazi's close giant public parks.

Old 06-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the story- What was the guys dog doing on the road?
ABCNews Sucks. Enviromentals Suck. People who let there Dog drive there car down the road suck.

Forest Service official Joe Walsh said the new rules "are still in the making" but are expected soon.
Whats he doing there??

"Dirt bikes and ATVs are causing erosion, clogging streams with sediment and damaging critical wetlands and riparian areas," says a Sierra Club report on the vehicles.
But your SUV you drive everyday doesn't hurt the enviroment at all either?.....*******

Old 06-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I voted. 66.1% no.

Old 06-26-2004, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZlightning
I thought it was funny when that old farmer said that ATVers quote "They've run my dog off the road, my wife off the road. They're cutting trees, starting fires, leaving trash," lol starting fires? cutting trees?lol
It should **** you off. Our ranks need some cleaning up. As far as I'm concerned people trespassing trashing private property deserve to fined and be forced to pay for damages. I'd like to see something a little more harsh happen to them but it runs counter to the law unfortunately. ATV riders should be the ones raising hell. Do you see how behavior like that makes us look?

I've personally witnessed a huge farm that was a wonderful place to ride destroyed by a small minority of riders.
An abbreviated account:
We had a great thing going, we had a great relationship with the landowner and were on the verge of getting permission to ride from neighboring landowners. We had nice maintained trails that were placed so that they weren't damaging or causing erosion. We even had some pretty cool mud and water pits that were situated so as to cause no problems with runoff or erosion damage. We made sure to close gates we opened and not disturb the livestock. We also didn't allow loud exhausts, didn't make a racket with radios and basically acted like responsible guests on the farmers land. Unfortunately we had a group or idiots that became known to everyone as "the banshee crowd". They cut fences, trespassed, tore up trails, did multiple thousands of dollars of damage by doing hill climbs on some delicate hillsides, they left beer cans and trash all over, chased the livestock and even set up a racetrack in the middle of the farmer's field. They destroyed our trails, wrecked the land and pissed the farmer off so bad he banned everyone from his property. No more riding, no hunting, no fishing, no camping, no hiking no nothing. It also wrecked the relationship we were building with the adjacent landowners. I can't say I blame any of them.

We can bitch about the environmentalists all we want but we are giving them all the ammunition they need. In many cases we are our own worst enemy.

As a landowner myself I have zero tolerance for trespassers. If I was that farmer in the ABC article I might very well start making sure some of the arseholes wrecking my land started having "accidents" while they were trespassing.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Trailblazer

68.9% i voted

Old 06-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

CaptainQuint has a very good point, there a few bad apples among us that caused this to begin with. There is a 19 year old punk kid in my neighborhood that made it impossible for others to ride up and down the road I live on. He ran through yards, fields, and through fences where horses were kept. The point is he just doesn't care about others. Thank GOD he destroyed both of his ATV's by doing no maintance at all.

Old 06-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Trailblazer

69.0% yeah baby yeah

Old 06-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

69.1% NO, <U>1354</U> votes. Thanks for posting that, I'm sure it's making some sort of difference being posted on here!

Old 06-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

hey lets get every one in here to vorte.... this one guy could run it for all of us. an we have to ride.....

Quick Reply: Don't lose your ATV rights..Vote on this poll