Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My ATV goal for 2004 ( charity, donate a Quad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 03:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ATV goal for 2004 ( charity, donate a Quad)

You never know until you need it......

Our riding group found out the hard way last week while riding at the Kermitt sand dunes you are basicly on your own. One of the riders in our group ( Bob Craycraft) took a tumble on his quad and ended up with a care flight ride to the hospital 75 miles away. The 911 call i made resulted in the EMS ( ambalace), sherrif and volenteer (3 misplessed words in a row, lol) being dispatched to the parking lot where everyone camps and unloads. Once all those arrived it was discovered that none of the emergency personeel had a way into the dunes to treat and retrive a injured rider. We (our group) loaned out our ATV's and carry personeel piggy bag out to the accident site. After Bob was stabilized and transported out i talked to the resure workers briefly. I was SURPRISED to hear that they do not have a dune buddy/ 6X6 or any other type of vehicle to transport a injured rider back to the parking lot/camp area.

A polaris 6X6 or maybe a yamaha rhino would be a tool that rescue workers would greatly benifit from having. This is still early in the planning stage but i would like to try to raise the funds needed to buy and donate a rescue quad to the Kermitt Volenteer Fire and Resue deptment. I would think with the help of our internet community we could see this thru and then expand on this idea. I would think thru this huge internet world we could locate a dealer or manufacture that would help out in this. Somebody knows somebody that knows the right somebody to get it done.

I would like to see kermitt get a polaris 6X6 this year and then work on getting addational equiptment/quads to other riding areas across the US that may be in the same shape. I know that there are 100's of guys that log in or ride on here that have ridden at Kermitt or a area similiar. Kermitt is a place that is free of charge to ride. A lot of places charge up to 20 dollars a day to ride. I like to go to kermitt 6 times a year so...

Anyone think this is a good idea? Worth helping out?, Know how to get it done? I am open to ideas?

Old 06-26-2004, 05:12 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

great idea

Old 06-26-2004, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

That sounds like a great idea 14mins. The best way to get what they need is to have a benefit event in there honor. Also some of us on the forums could donate a certain amount to the cause who go riding at Kermit. I have never been there but I am willing to donate $50 to them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Definately a good idea...due to the amount of ppl that ride there..there are bound to be critical accidents where a machine such as the polaris or the rhino would serve a great purpose....

Would be great to see this happen.

-bLuRRRR27-
(_.:**:.-«¿¤Wi©kEd §iN²7¤¿»-.:**:._)

Old 06-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer

with such a worthy cause i would think local dealers might be interested in being some type of platform for you. i.e. discount, promotion, donation center,etc. good luck

Old 06-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

go to a local dealer.. maybe throught polaris they could hook up the ems. i know polaris does alot of work for govt. vehicals, for police and military so it would be a surprise if they helped out ems. besides ems workers are vaulenteers by me so a donation would be suitable. in mt sinai they built an entire ems station that was donated.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

14min, I hope Bob is OK. I haven't checked in with him in a while and really miss the Kermit Dunes. We moved to Connecticut a year ago and really haven't had a chance to ride...

Old 06-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I will start off at a polaris dealer next week for sure.

Ernie- At some point i need your 50 i am sure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You may even benifit from the polaris 6X6 LOL Not sure what you could hit in the middle of the sand dunes but there is always a chance......

Old 06-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I am going to start getting the details worked out this upcoming week. I had a thought- Maybe some guys would be interested in sending me there old quad parts that they do not use or do not like.

I am also going to hit on Dbeck to see if he can help. If the money is raised mabe it could be donated to the Kermitt fire department from Atvconnection, Fanatics,compound,ATPT, B-traxs and any group willing to help. It will take the help of a lot of people. It is something to feel good about if it gets done.

If the polaris 6x6 could be had for 7500 dollars that would be
300 quad riders giving 25 dollars each. That many people ride at kermitt on a good week end.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Once i get this sorted out and on paper i am going to go panhandle at the kermitt riding area.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My ATV goal for 2004 ( charity, donate a Quad)