Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Dynojet "Fix"

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2000, 09:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I've been complaining and somewhat disatisfied since I installed my Dynojet kit in my 99'. I finally took the carb back off and decided to go through it a little and I'm glad I did.

Removed the carb, bowl, slide lift, jets and mixture screw. I cleaned the passages with carb cleaner and I also found a little "Rock" 1/16" square in the float bowl. How the heck could that have gotten in there? Anyway, I verified my dynojet settings, clip was 4th down from the top and I'm using the 155 jet. Cleaned the entire carb and passages with carb spray cleaner. Blew it out with compressed air. Set the air mixture screw to almost 3 turns out from the seat position. Reinstalled it all and went riding last night. I also removed the K&N outerware. What an improvement!!!! It didn't spit, sputter, cut out, bog, NOTHING. Took it through 1 1/2 foot of water with NO PROBS. Jumped and ran flat out for a mile or two. I just couldn't believe the difference. F.Y.I. I did call Dynojet while I had the carb apart to verify that you only should drill out one of the two holes in the slide lift. He said that's a fact, the instructions say to drill the slide lift HOLES, but you only drill out the offset hole that the instructions point to, not the hole that the rod protrudes through. "Dusty" was quite helpful in explaining how these slide lift carbs work. They have a 1-800# for help, should you have probs, call them, I now am satisfied....

Now maybe I'll buy a pipe!!! A friend bought the White Bros. E-series and seems to like it quite well and he said it's probably the best looking pipe "his opinion", of those available.

Thoughts?

Old 08-10-2000, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try considering SuperTrapp's IDS2 pipe.....I think that one would look pretty good too. If you didnt know SuperTrapp was the pioneer in the disc technology.....A little FYI =-) Have fun!