Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

JET4POWER

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JET4POWER

i was wondering if anyone has that O2 sensor kit that is supposed to make jetting flawless, and how good it is, i'm really close to pulling the trigger on it because i'm sick of screwing up on jetting but i want to make sure it at least sort of works. does it work throughout the throttle well so u could pinpoint the jet that needs help? if it really works then to me its well worth the price, i just dont want to buy a POC

Old 07-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default JET4POWER

EGT, exhaust gas temperature gauge. There are charts and exhaust temp ranges for the engine's best performance in each throttle position. It's like porting all over again, well worth it. I've jetted many a bike by ear to what i thought was perfect, then come to find out I was always off a slight bit and still missing out on power. get one, it's about 100 but an investement well made.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default JET4POWER

what about getting the dial a jet system from thunder?

Old 07-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default JET4POWER

How exactly does the etg work? What does it run off and how does it show you that you have got it right?

Old 07-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default JET4POWER

Yea, please fill me in too. I'm looking for one that doesn't have to be drilled into the headers or pipe and I have an E-Series so it won't go in the pipe either. What other option do I have?

Old 07-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Range Rover
Default JET4POWER

what do u mean drill it in?

Old 07-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default JET4POWER

There are some that the O2 Sensor must be permanently installed into the header. I know jet4power is one of them.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default JET4POWER

I would personally not go with a EGT for mixture. I would go with an O2 sensor. If an EGT is a ruler an O2 sensor is like a micrometer. Sure, you can get in the ball park with an EGT but an O2 will be on the money. Remember, 14.7 is not going to be the most power, around 12. 4 to 12.7 will be.
After your done tunning, you can put a plug in your bung. Ha ha ha ha..............thats kinda funny when I typed that!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default JET4POWER

with an egt gauge you can too come up with perfect jetting. it gives you a 100 degree exhaust range to work with for each throttle position for you specific bike, and yes you can get it dialed in down to the exact size for maximum motor efficiency. I have one myself, like I said it's like porting all over again you can get it dialed in down to perfect. A dial a jet system isn't like this, dial a jet umulsifies the fuel to a better extent for a better combustion. I don't know about the other systems, but you have to drill a hole in the pipe, then insert the meter then weld ( tig is best) a nut or something over the hole to prevent leaking. then you can either A, strap it to the frame or B- remove the sensor and weld the hole back when you're done jetting. i'm just informing you of this system, if you think another is more convienient or will work better go for it but from personal experience, if you need to get your bike dialed in down pin point, an egt gauge is one very efficient way.