Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is sparks no longer porting raptors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004 | 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default Is sparks no longer porting raptors?

I cant believe any of you rappy guys dont have a raptor head laying around!! i know i already started a post like this before but i am in need! Wasnt dollarbills selling one a little while ago?

Old 07-12-2004 | 08:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No I think he was selling his cylinder and piston to get a stock cylinder. He had to have a cylinder bored out anyway and it would give somebody a cheap 686 kit.

Old 07-12-2004 | 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

I have an entire polished 730 raptor motor, but Im not parting it out..it will be sold as a whole.

Old 07-12-2004 | 01:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRcR
I have an entire polished 730 raptor motor, but Im not parting it out..it will be sold as a whole.
Me too, but mine is a stock 2003,... How much with a trade in??

Old 07-12-2004 | 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRcR
WHAT!!!

Old 07-12-2004 | 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

I actually have an entire bike to part out. I nee to go to bobs and take inventory of what I have there, and what I have at my house. I know he has the motor, swingarm, egt, drag pipe, frame and a few other things. The majority of the bike is at my house in boxes LOL
Reason Im selling is because I have a new business now, and I could use the money to put into the business. Then once I have time, and money for riding again, I will start all over [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Most of you know, some things are just more important...how else would we pay for our toys?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2004 | 07:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

...how else would we pay for our toys?!
Credit Cards....LOL, no just picking. I won't use credit cards for anything, of course it has bitten me in the butt a couple times now.

Old 07-12-2004 | 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

They don't hire anyone to do that porting cause it's guaranteed that the porting will be done by the man Curtis Sparks himself and I assume he doesn't want anyone to know his porting secrets! They told me on the phone that only Curtis does the porting so thats why they are backed up so badly, he's prolly sick of it and they wanna spend more time perfecting the YFZ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2004 | 07:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They are working towards breaking 60hp is what I'm hearing. Last time anyone updated what Sparks had told them about the YFZ was that their kit brings 55rwhp.

Old 07-12-2004 | 07:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBubba
They don't hire anyone to do that porting cause it's guaranteed that the porting will be done by the man Curtis Sparks himself and I assume he doesn't want anyone to know his porting secrets! They told me on the phone that only Curtis does the porting so thats why they are backed up so badly, he's prolly sick of it and they wanna spend more time perfecting the YFZ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You got that right!! I dont know what the big secret is, if anyone wanted to know all they have to do is tear one down. Ask Bob, he had mine there just a few months ago.

Quick Reply: Is sparks no longer porting raptors?