Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster Gas Leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster Gas Leak

Can anyone tell me why my Blaster is leaking gas when I turn the shut-off to the "on" positon or to "reserve"? Gas drains from both ports as well as the overflow. I can get it running but gas continues to drain out of it, making for very short trips on the trails as well as very dangerous. Can I do the repair myself by taking it apart? Is there a filter or soemthing that is plugged?

HELP!

Old 07-13-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster Gas Leak

is it the gas line?

Old 07-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

No...the gas line is fine....I belive it is the carb. which I know very little about small engine repair. The two yellow colored tubes and the black overflow leak gas when I turn my shut-off the "on" position. It continues to leak as I drive it. I actually started it over the weekend with the gas off, since it had leaked so much I thought it may be flooded. No choke was needed. Once it started I turned the gas to the "on" position...but it continued to leak. I was able to drive back to the trailhead without it quiting. It also backfired a couple times.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster Gas Leak

the float is probably stuck. Wrap on the float bowl with a screw driver and see if that will fix it.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

I'm assuming the "float bowl" is the round metal portion that the tubes come out of? Can this be taken apart easily by a mechanically minded individual or does it need to be taken in to a repair shop?

Old 07-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster Gas Leak

The float bowl is the bottom of the carb, it is held on the carb with 4 screws. First try tapping on the float bowl with an object (screw driver normally works) if the floats are stuck this will normally set them free. Otherwise you might have to open the carb up and do it by hand. This is all fairly easy stuff to do, and is a good way to start learning about your machine. Buy yourself a clymer manual and it will walk you through almost every thing you can possibly do to your blaster (nicely illistrated for easy reference). Clymer manuals are very user friendly.

Old 07-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

EXCELLENT EXPLAINATION! I'll definitlely check on the Clymer manual for easy maintenance and will try to knock the floats free. I think I can also get at the four screws to it and see if they are stuck. Thanks, hope this works.

Old 07-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

Does anyone have a Clymer Manual for a 1994 Yamaha Blaster that they could fax me the sheets on repairing my stuck floats?

Old 07-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blaster Gas Leak

Try this link.

blaster manual

Old 07-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Blaster Gas Leak

THANKS DuPutz....I found the pages I needed and I will go at it this weekend. Hope it works and I can put it back together. Worth the time and effort since I've been scammed by too manner dealers and their service departments. I'll be sure to let you know how it went on Monday. Have a great day, Sheila D

Quick Reply: Blaster Gas Leak