Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pissed at Yamaha for the last time!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pissed at Yamaha for the last time!

I say give Yamaha another chance...I think you got a lemon, but if you did Yamaha should be the ones giving you a replacement! I figured they would pull a fast one on you...bast*rds! I bet there is still somehow you can get Yamaha to fix it...keep on them and find every reason possible to get them to change there mind...maybe you'll get lucky.

Old 07-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

buddy, do what you feel is right. not all dealerships are the same.

Old 07-21-2004, 10:29 PM
zow
Range Rover

Originally posted by: pudljumpr
Maybe I should be asking for a vote? Who thinks I should go to back to a predator, or who thinks I should have some faith and buy an 05 YFZ and consider my current one a lemon?

if u had no probs with your pred go back to it

Old 07-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: QuadLT500Racer
you had a yfz for 3 years huh.... and if u mean a yamaha in general the raptors engine or w/e u have istotally different anyway
okay ffs...i said "sounds like u bought a lemon", and if u had any common sense ud realize i was talking about his raptor....now without mentioning a yfz OR predator i say ive had no problems with mine and ive had it for 3 years...hmmm i wonder what quad i have?

Old 07-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

For those that read my yamalube post...here's the latest scoop! My engine broke a valve which damaged the piston and punctured the head. Great. But also, the cams were already showing grooving in their slots. And of course, the dealer just tottaly rebuilt my engine 2 months ago, I'm talking everything new but the transmission and clutch. All this now, and Yamaha is not going to stand behind the work cause they said since it ran for 2 months, it's nobody's fault. So it's gonna cost $500 in parts and still have questionable reliability for the engine. And of course, the head is backordered. So I would just like to announce that I have a little anger towards yamaha, my quad will be for sale, and I'm most likely going to go back to riding a Predator. Granted it's not a rocketship, but it never let me down...nor did the company!!

couple questions..

what was the reason for the first rebuild?
what caused the issue you just described?
what piston were you running and fuel?

$500 to fix it sounds pretty cheap.. why don't you see if Yamaha will good will the parts and you can do the work? They have done that for me in the past when I've had a problem and the product was outside the warranty period.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if your looking for reliability you can always go honda. But if that is out of the question id dump the raptor. my opinion though

Old 07-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

pudljumper....

I have nothing against Yamaha, but I have heard that in the owners manual of the yfz, it states that Yamaha recommends a piston rebuild every 12 hours of riding. Is this true? If it is, it seems like a hush hush subject when shopping at the dealerships. I have only heard rumors of this and if it's not true then my apologies, but if it is true that the Yamaha dealers aren't notifying the potential YFZ consumers of this, then Yamaha does noes not deserve your business in my opinion.

Old 07-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Maybe I should be asking for a vote? Who thinks I should go to back to a predator, or who thinks I should have some faith and buy an 05 YFZ and consider my current one a lemon?
If you choose to dump Yamaha, and I wouldn't blame you a bit. I'd get the 450R over the Pred. JMO.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

pudl, come back to the pred. We have gotten a long ways since you have been gone. HPD(and Doug) have found triple rate springs to make the ride great(with the rezzies). They can lighten it up a bit, and also make some power now. With those springs, maybe hpd's antivibe stem and some handle bars, you should be riding like a prince. And put Doug's stage one in her, and you will fly. Anyways, I wouldn't hessitate to go back if I was you, especially with the problems. You do what you feel comfortable with, I was just giving you the info you need to go back with the pred.

Sorry about the bad luck man, I suppose that ends your season, or slows it for a while huh? That sucks man!!! Keep us informed on you decision.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
if your looking for reliability you can always go honda. But if that is out of the question id dump the raptor. my opinion though
IMO what u just said is pretty accurate, but my experiences with hondas is that the engine will last forever but everything else will ware easy and brake...IMO

Quick Reply: Pissed at Yamaha for the last time!