Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs. Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2000 | 04:45 PM
Range Rover

I totally agree with WyoRider I want a good all around ATV that handles nice has good
power and I can ride all day without it beating me to death. The Raptor hits the mark
in my book and in all the reviews I've read so far. Checkout the review that just came out
on atvscene, they called it the best sport quad currently available. And hey if you still want a Banshee Yamaha is making them for the 2-stroke die-hards out there. Different stroke's for different folk's that's what makes the world go round. Make mine a 4-stroke!

---------------------------------------
'96 Warrior - 2001 B&W Raptor on order
'98 Banshee - new girl friends bike hence the Raptor!

Old 08-15-2000 | 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

you get bette ride, better handling. reverse a reliable 4 stroke motor, electric start.

Old 08-15-2000 | 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

HEY DUMBASS, WE ARE PAYING AN EXTRA $700 FOR A ALL AROUND QUAD NOT JUST A STRAIGHLINE DRAG AND DUNE BIKE, AND 2 STROKES WILL BE GONE VERY SOON. SO NEXT TIME YOU MAKE A STUPID POST LIKE THAT AGAIN READ WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING DOWN

Old 08-15-2000 | 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey chris660r...."2 STROKES WILL BE GONE VERY SOON" what are you talking about..??? Think about the dirtbikes.. You think they are just going to get rid of YZ, RM, KX, and the CRs. That a joke. Dont say anything unless you have facts to back it up.
Oh by the way i think the raptor is going to be a great quad. Donsnt mean everyone has to like it. im still getting my self a banshee but i would love to have a raptor sitin next to it in my garage.

Old 08-15-2000 | 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

YES, THEY SOON ARE GONNA STOP MAKING THEM, THAT IS WHY EVRYTHING NEWE COMING OUT IS 4 STROKES..

Old 08-15-2000 | 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Elect Al Gore and theyll be history within 5 years, just like not being able to ride trails in TN or KY any more. Missouri already plans to have all 2 strokes off of lakes by 2006. Democraps suck, vote for a sportsman like G W Bush.

Old 08-15-2000 | 10:33 PM
Range Rover

JY2276,

Lol ! You must be kidding, right? This thing "comes" with just about about everything, that you wish you had on your Banshee. A good frame, reverse, electric start, lightweight aluminum structures and parts, and a Kick *** design that will out handle the Banshee at Mx , Woods, Trails, Hills, Turns...you name it....AND its faster. The only quads that are similar are the 400Ex and the 250R's , and thats in Frame design and handling characteristics. Then, you throw in a massively fast 9000 RPM, 5 cylinder power plant, Keeping it in the same weight range as your Banshee, and beating it in speed and drags.
*** Please reply, and express your feelings on WHAT exactly you are complaining about ? ***

Sounds like the best all around quad if you ask me...what do all the rest of ya think ??

And seriously, if you are old enough to have a job, Ill bet your next 5 paychecks right now, that the top speed of the Raptor is close to 80.

The test you speak of was a rip-off of the SAME shootout found in an earlier mag test. The SAME test, so its not new info. AND IN THAT TEST, the drags were only a short distance, set to be long enough to allow top gear to be reached. WELL, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that the Raptor and the BAnshee dont go into top gear at the same distance , now do they ?? These were NOT top speed tests, and NEVER were they said to be. They were just the top speeds reached in those drags, which were a pre-determined length. For those who know me, I always seem to have to correct things I do know for certain, and every day in here, someone else says something so full of BS, that they must not be able to read. I swear, my hands are getting carpal tunnel syndrome. Banshees are GREAT quads, however the frames leave more to be desired, the are Front heavy, and very hard to trail ride, and dont particularly do well at MX either. They just RIP a$$ in speed and acceleration.

From your post, all I can see , is you saying the Raptor is not the quad the Banshee is. If thats what you think, then more power to ya, but its hardly true. They are BOTH good in my book. But the Raptor is my definite choice, because its EVERYTHING "and" fast as hell. Do you think a 400Ex is a good quad ? Well, do you think a 400EX with a 660 engine, and better frame and Reverse would be better? Well, thats about what ya get with the Raptor, and you also have the Banshee's speed. Quit-cha-bitchin , its awesome. I "want" you to argue..... Im interested in what you could possibly argue.

Keepin it REAL in the Yamaha forum....cya all.

Old 08-16-2000 | 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

RIGHT ON, YAMARAPTOR!!! Is everyone listening?? If all of us love this sport as much as we say we do, we all better make DAMN SURE Al Gore (It pains me to even type this stupid clown's name) does not get elected!! Rest assured if he is elected, anything even resembling off road use will be eliminated! Some of you like 2-strokes? kiss'em goodbye in a heartbeat with this fool. Also, another piece of advise. If you think that you can't make a difference with this issue, you are wrong! Write your congressman, and let your feelings be known! JOIN THE BLUERIBBON COALITION it's the best money you could ever spend, and it goes towards insuring that all of us will be able the continue doing the activity that we love. Let's not any of us "lay down and die" and let these tree-hugging SOB's take our rights away. Fight to the end, and again, let's all vote for the guy who will hurt us the least. GORE IS A DANGEROUS MAN. I for one want to be riding for many years into the future. Well, just my 2 bits...I hope I have helped inspire some spirit in all of us to protect the sport we love.

Old 08-16-2000 | 03:12 AM
Range Rover

And I must second and thirdly agree yamaraptor and scotd.....EVERYONE IN HERE MUST AGREE ON THIS ONE ISSUE AND THAT IS TO PROTECT OUR (AND FUTURE GENERATIONS)RIGHT TO RIDE! Getting these clowns out of there might also get our 15 round clips back in circulation!

Old 08-16-2000 | 09:05 AM
Pro Rider

and our 20 round clips too! It sucked paying big dollars for my AR-15 mags.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs. Banshee