Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

overall better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overall better?

im gettin either a Raptor or yfz this weekend which one. Now i just want to know overall which is better. I doesnt matter in which conditions is one better. I want to know overall which one is better. I heard a y fz can easily beat a raptor is that true? Also is a yfz that hard to take care of? Thanks in advance for any input you give.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default overall better?

well yfz has more power than the rappy...

Old 07-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default overall better?

Thats just it, there is no clear answer. Conditions, riding preferences, and personal preference and size play a HUGE part in this.

If you have the extra money and you are comfortable on the yfz, get it. If you are more comfortable on the raptor, and dont mind saving hundreds of dollars that you can use to make the raptor as fast as the stock yfz, then get the raptor.

The yfz is quicker than a stock raptor, but it doesnt blow it away. Realistically, all of the big bore 4 strokes, the banshee, and the 450's are all very close. The rider can make the difference.

It really just comes down to what you want to do with the machine. I wouldnt suggest a raptor to someone into mx, but I would lean on the raptor for tight trails and woods riding.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Range Rover
Default overall better?

alright thanks guys also which is better in the dunes. would the yfz blow the raptor away or not.