Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LOUD PIPES

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOUD PIPES

Hey Rapdaddy600- Where is Michigan is it you can ride on dunes with no restriction??? I hope your not talking about Silver Lakes cuz you'd be dead wrong!!! The Db Limit there is 98 supposedly. I've seen tons of people get sound checked there and, be out for the day! And, You need a spark arrestor or, it wouldn't matter if you were at 5 DB!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

that is retarted, what are you gonna do catch the sand on fire??? And evan if you did isnt there enough sand around to throw on that fire??

Old 07-28-2004, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

It is State park. Not my rules, theirs!

I think it sucks to but, if you really think about it. It is a summer vacation spot (rest of year is to cold) and, if your not a rider,,,,,, who wants to listen to unrestricted loud pipes all day at their 300k and, up summer homes on the lake? I can understand but, then again i'm one with the loud pipes!

Old 07-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

hey capt, didnt mean to sound like I was saying you were retarted, I did mean the stae rules of course. But what you gonna do, it's not your land! still sucks though!!

Old 07-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOUD PIPES

Capt Bags, the limit at Silver lake is 94db. But they are very kind and usually let anything under 96 in. You usually only get tested if your pipe is obnoxious like so many of the alba and fmf pipes.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Range Rover
Default LOUD PIPES

Yes im talking about silver lake sand dunes, the reason why i said there is no restriction is because ive been up there so many times and there is some loud pipes up there! easily over 98 db and they get in no problem! i know you need a spark arrestor which is bull but what can ya do. I just got back from silver last weekend on a saturday, it was packed and i didnt see one person get sound tested they got through no problem and they were loud! i dunno maybe they are getting leaniant on their restricitions, which is cool with me. thanks for all the posts

Old 07-29-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default LOUD PIPES

Yeah you didn't see anybody get tested but that doesn't mean nobody got tested. Silverlake has a 94 DB limit. For real you could at least try to get an aftermarket pipe that has a spark arrestor and is decently quiet. There is a limit at silver lake for a reason they didn't just do that to make people mad. So why ruin a good thing? What if they shut down silver lake becuase of excessive noise? I really hope you change your attitude on loud pipes. I can't even believe you said that you "ride at the dunes and it does not matter how loud your pipe is".

Old 07-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LOUD PIPES

I have a DMC alien system on my baby and i just cant belive the sound, neither can my parents but i just cant see how that pipe can make my fourwheeler that loud. I read alot of articals saying the DMC is the loudest and i read alot of magizines saying it is 104db on a raptor not including airbox mods and then i read the alba and all of those pipes were 101-102db w/airbox mods. lol i really love my pipe, it has so much to offer, like the twin or duel pipes w/duel barral, performance is unbelieveble because when i rode it before installing the system i sort of had to pull up on the steering wheel to wheelie but now everytime i gass it the thing comes up lol its soooo sweet dude, i absolutly love it. i think its the perfect pipe for a rappy ;~). I have the Moose Dynojet kit in it and im using the 148/150 size jets and i have the snorkle of and i havent changed the packing since i got it which has been well over when it wants to be changed at like 20hrs or so i think that what was recomended so its probably even louder. I also love the LTE twins thoes are sweet but thats lot of money and i read it was only 98-101 db.

Old 07-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LOUD PIPES

warwgn? i was courious, compaired to the noise you herd from the DMC with the packing in it before you took it out, did it make ALOT more diff in sound or alittle bit

Old 07-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LOUD PIPES

and would i have to rejet if i wanted to take the packing out of my DMC? i think i might not take it out because of the backpressure sake and also it got alittle louder now the packing is dirty so the sound cant be absorbed

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES