Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wolverine carb problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolverine carb problem?

o.k guys, I hope you can help me out. My wolverine is flooding.I've got a 99 , the jet is 142.5 ,I've taken the carb apart cleaned it,adjusted the float level,I have a fuel filter on it. The plug is very black. It idles fine and will run fine until you go above 1/2 throttle then it bogs down and sputters.It bogs going up hills,basically under any load.I dont know what else to check. Please help.

Old 07-29-2004, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just went through a carb problem with my machine...mine ended up being bad gas but I got alot of good advise and suggestions in this forum that had to do with cleaning, adjusting, and servicing the carb.

You can take a look at these posts:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...TARTPAGE/1.cfm

Old 08-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I seem to be having very close to the same problem. If I get my RPM's up it will pull hard but it's hard getting them there. Did you get any help?

Ron Saskatchewan, Canada
kittyhawk@sasktel.net

Old 08-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Its probably the emergency brake rev-limiter. Im not sure of how this works, but others on here will reply and tell you. Thats what it sounds like though. Mine did it once and I dont remember how i fixed it.

Old 08-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Range Rover

It sounds to me like you are to rich, What is the stock main jet size? What mods do you have? Is your air filter clean?

Old 08-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

yea, i'm gonna go with Blksnshn. That sounds like what it might be.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UNLESS YOU REJETTED IT RECENTLY AND DID NOT HAVE TO I WOULD SAY THAT THE PARKING BREAK SENSOR IS TH ECULPRIT. IF THE PARKING BREAK CUTOUT IS GETTING ACTIVATED IT WILL RUN RICH SINCE THE ENGINE IS GETTING THE SAME AMOUNT OF FUEL WITH LESS SPARK TO BURN IT.

Old 08-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SpdDEmOn,
The 95 Wolverine did not have the parking brake rev limit, the added that in 96, along with the CV carb. I was able to totally burn my rear rotor and caliper running down a trail with the parking brake on. Also, I am not real sure that his parking brake is the culprit, usually that kicks in right off idle, and he is getting up to 1/2 throttle, maybe a hole in the diaphram for the slide, I don't have a lot of experience with the CV type carbs, so I can't be 100% sure.

Old 08-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

95 Wolv - I just figured thats what it was, because it was a common thing among alot of the guys. My guess wasnt jetting for the fact that he doesnt have any mods listed and there is no reason for the jetting to be off from the factory unless you go to the mountains or something like that.

You're right now that I think about it, my dad is the one that fixed it, I dont remember what he did because this was a few years ago, I just took for granted that that's what it was, thats what it sounded like. I remember having a throttle problem like that and nothing I did to the plug or carb seemed to fix it, thats when I thought it was the brake rev limiter.

Old 08-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I dont have any mods other than a K&N air filter. I think the circuit for the parking brake is already unhooked. theres a wire under the left front fender thats been unhooked,its a two prong plug. The bike wont rev up in any gear, but if you put it in nuetral it will rev,but blows alot of black smoke.

Quick Reply: wolverine carb problem?