Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ODI Lock On Grip System Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ODI Lock On Grip System Review

For those who care, I bought and installed a set of ODI Lock on grips today, and I thought I would share my opinion of them.

I ordered the Rouge style grips which cost me about 24 bucks with shipping. They came in today and they shipped them out pretty quick. The design of this system is ingenious and definitely works. Installing them was a snap, just pop off your old grips, loosen your clutch and brake mounts, slide on the ODI grips and tighten the rings. Then tighten the brake and clutch mounts and I was ready to ride. No waiting for grip glue to dry or tying wires that may cut your hand. The grips have two locking rings, one inboard and one outboard. The grips actually snap into the rings so they are unable to spin. I immediately went riding to test them out. I am quite hard on grips and I they never moved any at all. The rubber is thick and cushy provides some shock absorption. They really look great when installed. My only complaint would be that I had to move my clutch and brake perches inboard a little because these grips are much wider than other grips. These were definitely worth the money to keep my grips from spinning around on me while riding.

I don't work for ODI and have no interest in there company, I am just passing info to everyone who is interested that this is a good product for us ATV riders.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2004, 02:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do you have any pics to post? I would like to check them out.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

No problem, I'll snap some pics and post them on my gallery tonight. I think they look sweet.