ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Next mods on my Rappy, help me decide. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/171098-next-mods-my-rappy-help-me-decide.html)

AustinONeal 09-06-2004 10:38 AM

Next mods on my Rappy, help me decide.

i admit ive had hell with my raptor buy now that i got the 686 w/11:1 and porting it runs awesome i give a yfz 15 foot and the take off and i still out run him. Im glad i have my raptor and wouldnt own anything else except maybe a z400

RAPTORAZ 09-06-2004 11:03 AM

Originally posted by: yamrpt660r

Originally posted by: ravencr
Would you guys agree that for most people, unless you have to be the fastest, a Hotcams Stage 1 and a Weisco 11:1 would make most people happy when it comes to motor mods? Surely, those two can't make much a negative problem as far as reliability goes, right?

Chris
maybe, maybe not remember stock compression is 9:1 a jump that high with the stock rod who knows, ive seen it looks like forged crappy steel
i havent seen any rods for atvs unless it was a banshee but something stronger wouldent be a bad idea

There are several manufacturers of aftermarket rods for the Raptor. I have a Carrillo in mine.

ravencr 09-06-2004 12:56 PM

So, if you go with a new rod, what kind of cost are you looking at for that? Is there a best Rod for a Raptor, excluding cost?

Chris

RAPTORAZ 09-06-2004 06:13 PM

So, if you go with a new rod, what kind of cost are you looking at for that? Is there a best Rod for a Raptor, excluding cost?

Chris
The cost depends on who you have do the labor. The most commonly used rod is the Carrillo. It's a little on the heavy side, but it's very strong. It can be had for around $200.

yamrpt660r 09-06-2004 07:26 PM

Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ

Chris
The cost depends on who you have do the labor. The most commonly used rod is the Carrillo. It's a little on the heavy side, but it's very strong. It can be had for around $200.
see i knew it would over 150 that is so redicious i can get a complete new rod AND piston SET for a 4 cyl engine for that much!

ravencr 09-06-2004 08:04 PM

Originally posted by: yamrpt660r

Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ

Chris
see i knew it would over 150 that is so redicious i can get a complete new rod AND piston SET for a 4 cyl engine for that much!
Wow, but we're not talking about that are we? If you're so negative towards modifying your rigs, don't cry when we blow you away on the trails!

Chris

yamrpt660r 09-06-2004 11:19 PM

The cost depends on who you have do the labor. The most commonly used rod is the Carrillo. It's a little on the heavy side, but it's very strong. It can be had for around $200.[/quote]

see i knew it would over 150 that is so redicious i can get a complete new rod AND piston SET for a 4 cyl engine for that much![/quote]Wow, but we're not talking about that are we? If you're so negative towards modifying your rigs, don't cry when we blow you away on the trails!

Chris[/quote]

uh.. did i say not to upgrade the rod bc of the price? or that its a bad thing to mod them?...noo, i said the price is redicious, im sorry if i think thats a little expensive for what you can get out there, i was after all the one that said it was wise to get a better one i am not bitching just astonished i wouldof bet they were $50 bucks