Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Are Paddles Necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Paddles Necessary?

So I might bounce by the Walden Dunes this weekend to check out the scene, HOWEVER I do not have sand paddles. Are the completeley necessary or can I get away with my stock Raptor tires. I dont want to get out there and be pissed the whole time..

Old 09-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

um.. this is what i would suggest.

I have aftermarket tires on my raptor they are like holeshot type tires.. (maybe can see in pics) but anyways.. i was able to buzz around on those.. as long as i was moving lol but if i stopped or things got to steep.. i was screwed.. but i would get some paddles if u can they are well worth the money and u can pick up a used set for abotu 100 bucks.. thats how much i sold my old ones for.

Old 09-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

yeah I see what you have there. I might be able to borrow a set but I doubt it. I was told I really just wouldnt be able to climbe steep hills. Hey did you get that e-mail I set you? Those changes were only after 2 sanding grits...

Old 09-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: matykrak
yeah I see what you have there. I might be able to borrow a set but I doubt it. I was told I really just wouldnt be able to climbe steep hills. Hey did you get that e-mail I set you? Those changes were only after 2 sanding grits...
i never got it.. did u send it to PinHeadedJoker@hotmail.com? if so try again i wanna c this i might wanna do it to mine.. actually send it to PinHeadedJoker@yahoo.com

i have a bigger account there.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider

It depends on what kind of riding you're gonna do. If you're just gonna race around on the flats and stick to the smaller hills than stock will do just fine, I'll tell you one thing, every quad I've ridden with stock tires in sand has suprised me with how well it did. But, if you want to really have some fun and not have to rely entirely on momentum to get you up anything remotely steep I would really recommend paddles. Its up to you, but a word of advice, stay away from gecko's, they're cheap for a reason, I made that mistake with my blaster.

Old 09-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Trailblazer

The stock tires on the Raptor are the best STOCK tires you can put in the sand. They work 10 times better than any Holeshot type motorcross tire in the sand. All those mini paddles really work pretty good, just go for it.