Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Using a blaster for something you probably dont'

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a blaster for something you probably dont'

Hey guys, I race at a local drag strip... No not with a blaster with a 1970 camaro. Though I will admit we have 4-wheeler drags ever once in awhile and I wouldn't mind entering. Anyways, We where looking for a cheap 4-wheeler to rid around the track so we wouldnt' have to walk. At some tracks it takes almost 30 min to walk from the pit area to the staging lanes and when you need something in a hurry walk doesn't work. First can you fit 2 people on one of these things. THe greatest part about them is they are light witch will save us 150+ lbs over a utility 4-wheeler. The other thing is I know how the rear end of sport atv's are set up but other than the grab bar is there a place to hook maybe a tow strap. Mostly if we brake down we have to tow the car around and sometimes we just use it to move the car. It's a 2002 model and I wont be able to go look at it till tommorow evening. I know on the newer 05 blasters they have a sort of frame to brotect the rear sprocket that looks like you couldn't hook too but would an 02 have that?
THanks a ton!

Old 09-16-2004, 02:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

I cant imagine what would happen if you tried pulling a car with a blaster! These machines are not built for that stuff. Also, two people..... not a good idea on a blaster either. Sounds to me like you need something 4-stroke and utility oreintated. Just my 2 pennies...

Old 09-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

I noticed you are looking for something light- The Honda Recon or the Yamaha Beartracker would fit in your needs, you can get ball hitch for towing also.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A blaster will fit two people fine. But for pulling no way.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah i now you guys think i'm crazy... But hey someone offered me 1200 for there 02 blaster... the best deal i could get was 2200 on a heavly used bear tracker. 1000 $ differce is alot not to mention the blaster weighs about 100 lbs lighter and that means it wont' throw off the balance in the trailer as much. Don't foget these cars are race cars and are exrtremely light compaired to other cars I have seen golf carts pull them around and golf carts have no *****. Besides the only time I would ever use it for towing is if the car breaks down and god help me if that happens that just means i'm out alot more money...

Old 09-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer

i have a good recon i might be trying to sell......where do you live?

Old 09-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

note that I'm not talking about pulling a trailer around with a ball hitch i'm talking about pulling a tow strap. THink of it as your buddy's quad is stuck in the dirt and you tie you quads together to help tug him out. We are not talking hundreds of miles we are talking at most a 1/2 mile depending on where i get stuck at...

Old 09-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in central ohio or the toledo area take your pick.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

yeah man it'll pull it, buddy of mine pulls his with a moto-4 100cc....

Old 09-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

I watched a friend of mine torch his banshee clutch trying to tow a broken down warrior. That blaster will never last trying to do the things you are attempting. This is a two stroke that develops torque and hp at fairly high rpms. You will roast the clutch pulling any car. That quad has smallish ergonomics and isnt designed for two people. Its a waste of $1200.

Quick Reply: Using a blaster for something you probably dont'