Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The best tire for a raptor?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 12:15 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best tire for a raptor?????????????

Then i must have got a magical set of holeshots and my brother too. or else i just ride so good it dont matter whats on it for rubber, Or maybe the difference in soils. we have clay and mucky clay and mucky topsoily clay they work great in all of those. I think they who got burried in the sand were not to savvy. cuz i never got stuck or burried once with em. i will say they take more power than paddles in the sand. the best mud tire bar none i ever ran was mud machines, but i dont think they make em in 22" anymore. but those things tore up the trails and rutted everything up. I preffer to get as much trastion as possible without tearing up the ground. hell the stock tires get good traction but they handle like garbage and they rut up the trails.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Well my stock tires pulled harder on sand than my holeshots...I went mudding once here with the hs and my tires looked like two big mud *****..they wouldnt clean up at all. I ride in sand a lot and they work OK...but I wouldnt ride at glamis with them.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Well I just bought a set of Kenda Klaws and love them in every application you said.

I find Razrs are too over-priced and suck in sand and mud, and the ITP Holeshots (regular ones) are fine in sand.

I'd go with 20" Klaws, I love them personally.

Old 09-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

KENDA KLAWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Kenda Klaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

u kno wat.. i change.. Kenda Knarlys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Depends on what size you wanna go, I would say Holeshot HD, Maxxis Razr2, or Holeshot XC for 20" in 22" Holeshot XCT or Maxxis Razr2
i second that

i love my 22" XCT's in the woods

Old 09-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Opinions are like a$$holes so here's mine. If you're engine's stock, 22's will sap some hp so you may need to gear down. If you're swingarm's stock length, you probably won't like the extra bite of the Razor 2's or the Holeshot HD's. (They are also heavier, so that will sap power too) From what gets posted on this forum, I'd say go with the Klaws.

Old 09-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Range Rover

If you love the nasty stuff and want arm snapping traction go with the Razr 2's or XCT's ( my opinion is XCTs don't work as well in the corners). However if you like sand and hard pack more and don't want a heavy tire the holeshots or klaws work real well. It is all a balance of how nasty you go. All of these tires work fairly well in most situations however if you are in sharp pointy rocks or tree root infested slop you will want a heavy 6 ply (razr 2's or XCT's) if not save the wieght and cash, get the Klaws. I ride in old strip mines which are hell on anything rubber especially if you love hill climbs. Been through 4 sets of rear tires on my raptor (stock XCT's Razr's) but I will never have anything but Razr 2's now.

Just my two cents if you care

Old 09-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

klaws r 6-ply to and r lighter then razr2 and holeshots 2 klaws onlyweight lik 28lbs 2 razr's or xtcs probally r around 32-35

Quick Reply: The best tire for a raptor?????????????