Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

after installing she mods its not running correct?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed my shee mods now some carb Q's

Well me and my dad have spent the past 3 afternoons(about 6 hours a day at least) working on my banshee installing hte mods and getting it to run right.
When we first finished the installation i took the she for a test ride. didnt run to well so i took the air box lid off and it ran much better if not perfect i just needed to check if it were lean or rich.

well today we tried fooling with it and now we cant seem to get it back to how it was. we moved the clip on the needle in the carb to the 4th position(1 down from the stock position) and ran it like that for a while making adjustments on the air intake screws and the screws on top of the throttle body. well we coulnd get that to work right so we moved the clip on the needle back to stock position and now we cant get it runnning right still.
Its backfiring alot and the throttle is extremely touchy and i dont think it should be even witht he mods its just way to sensative. also it doesnt want to run all out(the powerband will not kick in)
so next we are going to set everything back to stock that we can and hope its correct.

I would love for someone to give me some tips on how i could make the right corrections if they can and it would be very very much appreciated.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

Old 09-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

Ok first off, only way to tell for main jet is a wide-open-throttle run. I attached a link for a chart that shows what area of the carb affects what part of the throttle. With this, you should be able to adjust what needs to be adjusted. Also, only make one change at a time, so you know what is affected. If you change a whold bunch, you won't know what helped and what hurt. As far as the needle, it's fine to just richen it up and then back off. Same things with main honestly.

Click the link for a very helpful circuit chart.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default after installing she mods its not running correct?

BUMP!