Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GLAMIS Halloween DAY

can sum1 answer my question?

Old 10-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think you need permits if you are out of state I don't have anything like that.....but flags...YES....No flag..no drag...They are so stiff that you better put your flag on before you pull it off the trailer...You even need one on your truck if you take it anywhere in the dunes.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Range Rover

REM, you will need a permit for the vehicle you use to get your toys there. For example you have a pick-up or motor home towing a trailer, that tow vehicle will need a permit. If you have a friend show up to camp with you, their vehicle will also need a permit. There are permit kiosks at all of the entrances to the dunes. They check for the permits as you leave the dunes. The permits are $25.00 for 7 days or $90.00 for the whole season (1 Oct. -30 Sep.). If you get the season the permit, it has been awhile but, you used to pay at the kiosk and then take your receipt to the ranger station on Gecko road to get your pass. The last two years I’ve gotten my pass at the Sand Sports Show in CA.

If you decide to take your vehicle with the permit into the dunes/olds/drags etc. it will be required to have a flag just like the other quads/buggies/jeeps/bikes.

Things that will attract negative attention:
Riding fast near Camp/roads/groups of people.
Riding double or without a helmet.

Your from AZ, CA honors the little lic. plate AZ gives you for your quad or dirt bike.

Keep your eyes out for the little ones on the mini-quads.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah,,,that permit....my mistake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Yes...definatly what Coyote said...even though he won't let me ride his quad at the Cinders,,,,lol

Old 10-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Range Rover

I haven't even ridden it. My knee is doing alot better but, the hand didn't recover from the operation as well as I would have hoped. So I haven't even worked on it. I took the family on quick over night to gordons well the weekend before I had the hand worked on. It was hot, over 100 at two in the morning?

When I get back from Florida next week I'm going to put on the new A-arms, fox shocks and +4 tucker swing arm/axle and start going to the dunes every weekend I can.

All I can say is that the videos that rapfam and a few others have posted have been outstanding. I'm always going to wrdskins (SP) web site too. It has been like therapy, thanks to all.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:11 AM
Pro Rider

Coyote - we've got to meet up sometime, when you are all better... thanks for the compliment!!! We will get some videos of all of us racing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My sister's bike is almost finished too...

Is your bike all broken in, I will have to break my sister's bike in in a few weeks

talk to you soon...

Old 10-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Gordons for me! west side of little canal. See ya at patton and the drags.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Range Rover

Fam - No the bike still isn't broke-in. The shame of it all....Hopefully, I'll get everything together before Thanksgiving?

I'd really like to get in some riding before then.

Due to time contraints, I might have to go down to Hot Wells and ride around the perimeter a couple of times.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CoyoteRiverRaptor

Due to time contraints, I might have to go down to Hot Wells and ride around the perimeter a couple of times.
let me know because i will be doing the same with my sister's bike, and we were called out to race a banshee from my dad's work in bowie... check your pm's

Old 10-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

I'm planning on being there Friday-Saturday.

Quick Reply: GLAMIS Halloween DAY