Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

To all Craycraft 730 owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all Craycraft 730 owners

i dont think you should start a price war here call em up and ask.
tell em what you want and shop-em around

Old 10-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

thats true, i dont want to start anything. Ive looked at the web pages of sparks, craycraft, and kenz. At least sparks and craycraft have some product pricing, kenz dont really have anything on their site. Very good point yfz450ss. Ill make some calls and see what i come up with.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

speed is money

Old 10-13-2004, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

i know its not cheap dollarbillz, but i cant justify putting 5000+ in a motor when i could almost buy a new bike for that.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Its up to you for what you to spend. Be prepared for sticker shock though. I recomend that you call up Mr. Craycraft, he is a very nice and informative person to talk to. I know I almost fainted when I first learned what my tiny little 686 would cost, but after thinking over it for a day I decided it was a good deal for everything I was getting. I can't be happier with my motor right now.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: King660r
Here is what Im thinking:

Ross 105mm piston 10:1
Sleeve
Bored cases
valves and springs
port/polish
Rod and balanced crank
clutch kit
ceramic coatings
x4 cam
seals and bearings
intake manifold
FCRs a possibility depending the final price
That's me!!! That's me!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the low comp trail duster...lol

definitely give bob a call, shop around and you will be IMPRESSED to say the least!!! I think the diff. between a well built 686 and a well built 730 (rod, crank work) is only about $800... well worth the extra ponies as far as i'm concerned...

Old 10-13-2004, 02:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

King660r- Speed is expensive, but if or when you ride a craycraft 730 you will understand. A craycraft 730 is a wicked beast with table manners. Unless you go with a override tranny you will be able to cruise the dunes/trails and ride up to the dragstrip. Once on the line a smile will come across your face when you hear that wimpy 660/686/727 from another builder beside you. You realise that Bob Craycraft has spent the last few years building raptors amost exclusivly with a occasional yamaha 450 or suzuki 400 thrown in. Two years ago his 686's were producing more hp thru stock carbs than other builders 727 were making with 35mm FCR's. While other builders were building 727's with 35mm FCR's Bob decided that he could do better with 39's after his first 727 a few years back. Bob is always looking ahead and making plans to move foreward. ( evolution) Raptor builders of a few years back were all using the same off the shelf parts. The major difference was the porting. Craycraft has a automotive background and drew off that for the raptor builds. To me it seems better than drawing from the atv/small engine world because dragracing was not a big deal with 4 strokes before the raptor came around. It was not long before Bob figured that the off the shelf parts were not going to work for his applications in the long run. Bob was the first to design a drag pipe for the raptor, others said it would not work. ( they seem to be popping up all over now, 2 years later) Different coatings that have worked in the automotive race world were incorperated into the raptor. Head gasket issues were addressed while others stayed with the stock type prone to leak. Piston and cams followed. Bob himself is a raptor rider. He has spent 1000's of hours on these raptors. Now back to the price. Compared to cars the parts on these rappy's seem high but....

A similiar build from most builders is roughly the same, only the power output and quaility of parts is different. If you are looking to build a raptor wouldn't you want to use a shop that understands them? You would not take a ferraria to a yugo car repair shop? Use a shop that deals in what you would like to build.

Good luck!! Prices start around 2000 and the sky is the limit. Ubetrun almost made it to the end of the solar system with his craycraft 730. His, Dollars, crafty's, Ernies, kellys, ryans, and many more have built wicked craycrafts that have raised the bar. Join em. Do a search on rapfam and see how his Craycraft trail duster730 runs on PUMP GAS against the compitition with out many extras. ( basic craycraft 730)

P.S.- I do not own or recieve a check from Craycraft racing. I just like guys to get what they pay for with there hard earned money. I have been a lot of places and seen hundreds of raptors run, rode some and built a few fast ones my self. Best advise is call up some of his customers, other builders customers, read and try to see some in action. In my opinion you can't go wrong. I have heard of 1 (one) fast raptor out of nebraska, read about one out of Arizona, seen a few corporate sparks 690's run ( extremely well 2 years ago), raced a fast one out of Kansas (duggan, built by FAST) but you can find dozens of fast Craycrafts across the US and overseas.

your money, your choice,do it right the first time.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider

VERY VERY well written post!!!

Old 10-13-2004, 03:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Rapfam- lol, the fur will fly shortly. The thruth STINGS.

King660r- The best bang for the buck would be a clone of rapfam's craycraft. There are plenty of videos of it in action. Take in consideration that rapfam re assembled it in his garage with out the benifit of a dyno. That is what i consider a base model, from there you can up the compression, rev limiter, cam, exhaust, clutch and tranny. But really how often would you really need more HP than rapfam. Some builders have so called "corporate quads" that Joe Q. Public would not get, at Craycraft all are created equally. You can have a clone of any one of them you chose. Give Bob a call and discuss what YOU want. He will tell you straight up. No hidden agendas, no fairy tales.

Off the subject a bit here. Has anyone ever run across a 15 year old riding a craycraft 730 in Calafornia somehere? He had a motor build at the end or the begging this year and i guess he is not on the net. Just curious.

Old 10-13-2004, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins

Off the subject a bit here. Has anyone ever run across a 15 year old riding a craycraft 730 in Calafornia somehere? He had a motor build at the end or the begging this year and i guess he is not on the net. Just curious.
Never have seen him... read a few months ago that there was someone on a big bore craycraft doing very well on an off weekend???

Quick Reply: To all Craycraft 730 owners