ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Best Full Exhaust setup for Raptor? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/176732-best-full-exhaust-setup-raptor.html)

jsyi 10-17-2004 05:10 PM

Best Full Exhaust setup for Raptor?

whats the best full exhaust setup for a fairly stock raptor? 100% sand useage. Looking for the most mid to top end power. Thanks

raptornator 10-17-2004 08:59 PM

i have ct pipe on my 02 raptor and i love it. i bought the full kit from them and it ROCKS!!! just setit up the way they tell you and itll ripp your arms off

maddog56 10-17-2004 09:19 PM

CT and Sparks are the way to go for max hp. LTE makes similar claims but I havent seen much if any independant testing to verify thier numbers.

Yoshi makes a good pipe that takes multiple endcaps for quieter operation if you have strict db limits. The ct is a disc type silencer so you can tune it for sound as well.

Ernie660R 10-17-2004 09:28 PM

CT exhausts are very good in my opinion, because you can adjust the tone and performance. Go to www.ctracing.com and their you will find eveything you need. From mild to Wild.

I have used several types of pipes and found I liked the CT best for a mild built engine.

Choky 10-17-2004 09:48 PM

Originally posted by: maddog56
LTE makes similar claims but I havent seen much if any independant testing to verify thier numbers.
You can see pics of my LTE duals on my thread that noone bothered to reply to,its on page 4(5 by now). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
And yes,its a top end pipe.

RaptorOwner 10-17-2004 10:07 PM

My choices are as follows - Sparks(because I have several and had others as well), CT which is a way cool pipe as well and looks like the Sparks pipe and last but not least, Big Gun full exhuast. No matter what you go with you will be happy, I personally stay away from the super trap type discs.

Good luck!!!

King660r 10-17-2004 10:08 PM

I have owned two exhausts, yoshi and sparks (check out pics). The sparks out performs the yoshi in my opinion. Id go with Sparks

RaptorOwner 10-17-2004 10:22 PM

Oh, forgot to mention, I have a stock Raptor with a Sparks full exhaust and a Full out Drag Raptor with a Sparks pipe. So, this pipe goes with your upgrades as well. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But that doesnt mean the other pipes are bad, like I said before, any aftermarket pipe is better than stock.

RaptorOwner 10-20-2004 10:39 AM

Her is one for sale on Ebay

ItalianStallion 10-20-2004 11:33 AM

Darn it anyways....They always go on sale rite after I dump 5 bones on a brand new X-6....Oh well...story of my life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]