Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Gas is poring out

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas is poring out

alright i just picked up my quad from the first service and rode for a couple hours today...outta no where it started dying on me..kinda like the e-brake was on....so i stop it quick and i smell gas, so i start looking around and i see gas pretty much pouring out the bottom...i turn gas off and it stops and runs okay for a min then dies..turn gas on and it runs barley for a min then dies...and gas continues to pour out....its coming outta the overflow tube or something..that comes from the carburator down near the rear shock..my dad said my float got stuck..wat would cause this since i didnt wreck or anything...and anyone know how to fix this problem

Old 10-18-2004, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

Check and make sure that they tightened the drain screws on the lower part of the carb. If you follow that tub up, you should be able to see a screw on the side of the carb. If that is screwed in all the way then your floats are sticking.

Old 10-18-2004, 05:08 AM
Pro Rider

My friends warrior did the same thing, and it turned out to be a piece of metal from the manufacturing of the carb that made the float stick. You might have to take apart the carb to see if there is any foreign material in there...

Old 10-18-2004, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer

It is most likely the float needle. if you take the bowl off you should see the small needle that your float controlls, pull that needle out and swab it out with a Q-tip. The smallest peice of dirt can stop the needle from seating, and if it does not seat you will leak.......

Old 10-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

Mine blaster did this...pieces of chromish material made the floats stick.... Cleaned it out and put an in-line filter fixxed it right up

Old 10-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

taking the bowl apart hard?? like is this a easy fix or should i take it back to the dealer and let them do it...i have it for sale in the trader so i cant really afford to take it to the shop cause you know that would take a couple weeks to get back

Old 10-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

If you pick up the thick book on your make/model it will show how to do it yourself. Carbs have a lot of small pieces inside, but aren't really that hard to deal with, just time consuming. You probably just have to undo the square looking bottom half that looks like a bowl, after that just look at the needle the float controls. The foreign material or source of the problem will be easy to locate. If you do it without the book just be careful to place every little piece back where it came from.

Trending Topics

Old 10-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

yeah that happened to my tri moto. it was a stuck float. i still havent fixed it yet thought becuase it runs okay when it is running and i just turn off the gas at the pet **** when i am not riding

Old 10-19-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

well i gues ill try it my self..hopefully ill get it..

Old 10-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

I NEED HELP ....took apart the carb and checked the floats, didnt find any dirt or anything but yet when i hook it back up it continued to gush out..any suggestions..i need help bad

Quick Reply: Gas is poring out