Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please recommend quad to ask my parents for. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant decide what to get, i would love to get a banshee.....but with parents, its the whole idea about something with that much power and speed. I'm looking at a kodiak, or a wolverine, for plowing snow (kind of hard to do with a banshee!!)trail riding, and hauling, and can't decide, i don't really prefer that auto, but i like the on/off 4x4. Is there a kit for the wolvering to make it selectable 4x4? if so how much does it cost? and quad recomadations would be great also

Old 08-31-2000, 04:48 AM
Trailblazer

If I was you I would get a 400EX. Tell your parents to hook you u and get you what you want. The 400EX is much more easier to maintain than a banshee also, and of course Honda's will run forever. Later

2001 Raptor
2000 400EX

Old 08-31-2000, 06:57 AM
Trailblazer

you can still get the banshee or the 400ex. Tell your parents that they can take the machine to the dealer and have them adjust the speed govenor.
Also come summer time you will wish you had a sport quad anyways.
Buy a snow blower...)

Old 08-31-2000, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer

how long have you been riding? If you havent been riding long you might not want to get a quad with so much power.I would recommend a warrior blaster or 300ex. Then hop it up as needed. thats what AI did with my blaster and now it will run with a suzuki lt 250r that has a fmf pipe and silencer and works suspension. I take it your a teenage boy well if you are believe me in the summer you will want a sport quad to ride all of the hotties on. weel good luck with convencing your parents

99 blaster w/lots of extras

Old 08-31-2000, 02:06 PM
Range Rover

There is no "kit" to turn the wolverine into a selectable 2wd/4wd machine. But if you want a 4x4 with sport capabilities, you would be hard pressed to find a better one than the wolverine.
The polaris scramblers are nice, but a bit heavy for my tastes, plus I prefer a manual shift rather than the auto-tranny (Don't all you auto owners get your panties in a bunch, it's just my personal preference)

One other thing that you may want to consider is what model would your dad be interested in.
A new quad might be an eaisier sell to your parents if it's something that can do a little work around the house (plowing snow, hauling firewood, etc..)

good luck

Old 08-31-2000, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

he wants to plow snow and haul things, an EX is not good at snow plowing , I am not sure a wolverine would be either? but the kodiak would plow well and haul stuff. go with something like the Kodiak it is a great all around performer. The sport quads are great but much less useful especially if wanting to haul and plow snow, trust me parents are way more apt to spring for a useful atv than one that is not.

Old 08-31-2000, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

As far as I can tell, you may need to look at something like a Polaris 500 scrambler 4X4
they are not the sportiest and no where near the lightest, but they have push button 4wd and can pull or plow or what have you, but will also fly down a trail and through the mud. Although I would rule it out if you plan on jumping alot because of the weight of it. As far as convincing the parents its an automatic, and if they want they can probably drive it easily and you can save up for a clutch kit to give it a little boost. Also from what it sounds like you may be a slight bit inexperienced for a Banshee or 400 EX, but those are excellent choices for a step up sport quad.

just my thought on it.

Old 08-31-2000, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a YZ 250 and DR 400 so i know how to ride a clutch, i ride friends ranchers, recons, sportsmans........and even though i don't have a quad, i can out ride any of them, i like the idea of the whole chicks riding with me thing.......hhhhhmmmmmmmm maybe a banshee AND a kodiak.......i'll think of something! thanks

Old 09-01-2000, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

Dude, if your parents know your driving a YZ 250 and DR 400 they shouldn't have a problem with the Banshee. If I were you I'd sell both and get the Banshee and the Kodiak like you said. That is ofcourse if they are both yours.

Old 09-01-2000, 05:45 PM
Range Rover

if your parents dont want to get you a banshee then get a blaster great trail bike cant plow snow but like some one else said get a snow blower, they can be just as fun if not funner than a banshee and if you want more power than add some mods.

Quick Reply: Please recommend quad to ask my parents for. HELP!!!