Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dumont videos

was there motor work to the 450R???

Old 10-20-2004, 04:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My brother said that he had asked the guy what he had done. The guy said he was just piped and jetted. I've raced enough stock, piped and jetted 450's to know the guy was talking out his azz. My guess is cammed and possibly higher comp piston along with pipe, jetted and filter mods. I have no time for those that want to lie about what they've done. If you don't want to tell then just say so, don't try and pass it off as somthing it is obviously not. jmo.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
My brother said that he had asked the guy what he had done. The guy said he was just piped and jetted. I've raced enough stock, piped and jetted 450's to know the guy was talking out his azz. My guess is cammed and possibly higher comp piston along with pipe, jetted and filter mods. I have no time for those that want to lie about what they've done. If you don't want to tell then just say so, don't try and pass it off as somthing it is obviously not. jmo.
I know of a few dumb@ss's like that at Pismo. Its just a power thing they play so when the SAME people come up to me and just give it back to them... LOL!!! Special Mix of fuel with pipe and jet kit... hehehehehehe

Old 10-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

sweet videos

Old 10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of MPH are you guys pulling, nice hill no whoops (does it get whooped out at all). is it steeper & longer than olds??

Old 10-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There are a few whoops off to the right of those videos. Never gets any worse than what you see. Nothing even close to Olds hill. It's a little steeper imo probably a little shorter than Olds. I measured the track once and all but the fastest bikes can run from start to finish aprox 950-1000' in length before shut down. If the math was done correctly by another on this forum the incline is = to 16% grade. Me on my 686 was clocked at 47.3 mph with a radar gun. Mario on his DS was clocked at 58mph (57.9) on motor only I believe, I don't recall if they clocked him on Nos. The guy with the gun has a banshee that was doing 78mph( blue legend?), not in any of these videos. My son on my Raptor does in the low 50's with my GPS strapped on, didn't get him on the radar gun to compare.

Here is the whole page of videos from that day.

Dumont October 16th 2004

Here is a picture of some of the dunes at Dumont and comp hill from a distance.

Comp hill

Old 10-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Awsome vids, let me know when you head up there I need people to ride with! I run into mario when I go there alot, and i hear he's faster this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yea, you guys remember who sells the adapter that eliminates the airbox for the 2 k&n filters? I want to get those to get some more air flow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Whats up Dana?

Mitch SixsixT is the guy you need. He just started a thread.

We'll be back over Halloween weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

With my job its kind of hard to get weekends off right now... but ill be out there atleast ONE day over halloween. I think ill be at dumont playing around the 4th and 5th if my new paddles get here by then. I think its a wens and thurs. I want to run you again with new paddles and see if i dont get spanked again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New Dumont videos