Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee has no power band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee has no power band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK don't give up hope just yet.... Remove the startor cover on the left side of the engine and look to see if you flywheel is loose or the nut has fallen off. You could have sheared the keyway....

Old 11-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee has no power band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my old warrior, yea i kno its a 4 stroke, had a problem wit the parking brake after i ran into a big *** rock. the brake somehow turned itself on. just get rid of the parking brake, unless you really need it. worked for me, granted the 2 atvs are quite different, just an idea tho, check if you can get it to start, if the disk gets really hot when you are riding.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

i also noticed today that when you cover the carb boots with your hand the left cylinder has no suction. Anyone know what to think of this??

Old 11-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

i took off the stator cover as recommended. thers a lil corrosion but aside from that everything looks pretty straight. I had one other person mention the "Keyway" but he told me that it was behind the actual stator and i cant figure out how to get the stator off to look behind. i've never done this b4 either and im afraid of screwing something up! i tried to hold it with a screwdriver through one of the hole but i cant find a good place to wedge it. know what i mean?? as always any help is good help!!

I completely disconnected teh praking brake wire today.

1 more thing anyone know where i can get some in depth wiring diagrams of a banshee

Old 11-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

pendejo said it best. Its most likely that the wire from the anti ride when the brak is on deal is loose. Push it back in palce then use superglue to hold it in. Mine was loose in the Dunes and If not for a buddy who had the same problem I would of done all kinds of stupid things. The wire is the one on the left side on the bars. Its ontop of the cluster. Check to see if its all the way in. If it is forse it in more then glue it. The rev limiter on the bottom left could also be the problem. Its the little 1" square box that is connected by a wire to the tors system. Unplug it even if the Quad runs ok after you check the brake is on wire. Darn lawyers had yamaha put that wire there. Does anyone even use the parking brake????

Opps Didnt see the disconnect deal. You may need to reconnect it unless you remove the whole system.

Old 11-09-2004, 04:42 AM
Pro Rider

Remove the left side carb and intake boot. If you don't have any reeds left on the cage there is your problem. It will never start up.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

jpell, you need a special puller to remove the stator. I did on my Honda anyway. Just to recap, you're positive you have compression and the cylinders are getting fuel, but no spark at either cylinder?

Old 11-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

the compression tested about 110 each. I am getting spark at each on around 1400Vdc each wire. the cylinders r getting fuel.

I looked @ the reeds and they look good how do i know if they r bad??

Old 11-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Just look at them, if they are chipped, broken, bent, anything that just doesn't look right, replace 'em. Also, you said you were getting spark at the wire, is spark actually getting to the plug though? Remove the boot on your wires and make sure everything is properly connected. Good luck, this one sounds like a pain in the as$!

Old 11-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah i held the plugs next to the head and saw sparks. the reeds are fine by your description then.

Quick Reply: Banshee has no power band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!