Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who likes to go fast?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who likes to go fast?

I'm getting a new quad soon and can't choose between the banshee and yfz450. Please help. I want to go fast, but still need some decent handling. Any pros and cons about the 2 would help also. What do i buy?

Old 11-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yfz is faster and better in about every category than the shee.........if we are talking stock or slightly modded anyways. The suspension on the shee is outdated and the power isn't there(stock)........the yfz has tons of power and suspension.

I don't know for sure which one rides better, I know the yfz handles better, but as far as easy on your butt.........probably a toss up, or given to the shee........

Old 11-10-2004, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer

Well i'm definately not going to keep a quad stock, it just doesn't make sense.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

The YFZ is dominating the Banshee in every way including sales.....

Old 11-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

italian i just wanted to say hello..i saw your video that was posted a few week's ago me and my wife love it. Most the time ppl post video's of there high moment's but i thought it was great that a couple was posted of a mistake or 2 :-)...U rock rude rofl

Old 11-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ItalianStallion
The YFZ is dominating the Banshee in every way including sales.....
What do you expect, the shee has been out for 15 years and the yfz is only in its second year of production. When the shee was tops, it did much better in sales.

If you want to go fast and dont ride mx, I'd get the shee. If you are going to run xc, harescrambles, or something similar I'd opt for the yfz. A properly tuned banshee is still a lot of fun on the trails.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

I agree...I'm not thrilled about it...Yamaha had the huevos to produce the Banshee when all others backed off...It is definatly a legend in it's own right....I wish I had one............Thanks Lethaface...I still enjoy watching that one myself...lol ...by the way...nice Blaster Bro[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2004, 05:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Remember that if you are thinking of modding because "not modding just doesn't make sense", then remember that modding a 4stroke(yfz) is probably going to be more expensive than the shee.......

Price wise, you might be able to do some simple mods the the shee, for the price of a yfz........

Old 11-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ItalianStallion
........Thanks Lethaface...I still enjoy watching that one myself...lol ...by the way...nice Blaster Bro[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
thank's it's a work in progress i will post some new pics soon when the new tires and carb get here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Thats like comparing a tank to a cadallic esclade. You have to take into consideration the year. The YFZ is top of the line 2004 material, while the shee was designed in the 80's. For what it is, the shee holds its own. A little updating and that YFZ is now its chew toy..
just my 0.02

Quick Reply: Who likes to go fast?