Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CPI inframes vs Rocket Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 11:56 PM
FMF
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPI inframes vs Rocket Pipes

I want to get a new set of Pipes for my Passion 12 Port Stroker Kit. I have narrowed it down to the CPI inframes or Racket Pipes I do alot of Trail Riding and 300ft Drag Racing.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FMF
I want to get a new set of Pipes for my Passion 12 Port Stroker Kit. I have narrowed it down to the CPI inframes or Racket Pipes I do alot of Trail Riding and 300ft Drag Racing.
I trail ride a CPI equipped mild Banshee on occasion. The CPI's are killer and I have had no issues with burning my legs either. This engine went from 290 mains too 360's! From dyno graphs I have noticed the Rocket pipes have a tad more overrev, which may be the ticket for your big HP set-up. Maybe someone else will chime in on them. Pm DaBeechMan on this site, he can probably give you some good advise on pipes for your ride.
The only downside on the CPI's was the purchase. CPI is backlogged for weeks and the companies that sell them are backlogged as well. Any one that has them in stock wants another $100+ over retail. I purchased a set from www.gopartsdirect.com and it was a horrible situation. They told me they were in stock and I was over 2.5 months getting them. Could never get in contact with anyone unless I was on the phone waiting for over an hour. I got the sense that 1 or 2 people ran gopartsdirect and the only thing in stock was maybe a frozen pizza and a 6 pack. I complained about the purchase on a Banshee oriented forum (same place that I got recommendations from) and the post got deleted. I bet this one stays up..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Anyway, good luck and keep us informed on how things turn out.
Gary

Old 11-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

FMF, can you wait a couple weeks? I am trying to get ahold of my dyno man so I can do some testing with my bike. I am currently running CPI's. Jim (Passion) has a set of Rockets that he bought to do some testing on Jack's (Proquad's) bike. He called me last week and asked if I would be interested in doing the testing for him since he and Jack are busy.

My new cylinders that I just put on are a little more radical than the last set of 12 ports he done for me. They were actually setup for my drag bike, but I cracked one of the TT ported cylinders and stole the drag ones so I could make a race last weekend.

Dan Hull currently has the set of cylinders that are going on my drag bike now. I hope Jim can get all the parts made for the new "all out" +4 drag motor he is designing by mid next season. Its going to be interesting in the small motor drag world if he can come close to what he is hoping for HP wise. I'm anxious just thinking about it. Good thing the first set of cylinders are coming to me!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am sure the results will be on the HQ. If I can remember, I'll PM you the link.