Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

spinner rims can it be done??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spinner rims can it be done??

me and my buddy aj were in skool and are DDP (design drawing and production) teacher is introducing us into a program called auto desk inventor and u can make blue prints for basically ne thing and we have to make an invention and draw blue prints of it and we decieded why not make spinnerz for a quad we always wanted something extreme on r quad that no one else has but they arnt gfoing to b 20" rim spinnerz there gonna b regular size atv rim spinnerz aj's dad is a mechanic and said he could do it we r trying to think of ideas to get it to work the ideas we have came up w/ are spinner attachment to hub or an attachment on a rod connected to hub w/ bearing to it keeps spinning or lik how hiper tech has the double bead lock w/ the diff color disk y not make the dick cover the opening lik a mudd cap but that will spin any other ideas we know it has to be either removable and easy in and out bearings lik on a skate board becuase of the mudd and rocks that will get inside there what do u guys think ne suggestions?

Old 11-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

that would be sick. I have see a pic of some one on a rapter 660 with 20" rims and some thin wall tires it was cool. the only thing Iwould be woried about is the bearings.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

there not gonna b no 20" rims they will b regular size thats my concern to whats the worst that could happen to them tho?

Old 11-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

dirt water and mud might not be the best things, my tech teacher rides a kodiak 450, ever scince he found out i got a quad ive been gettin hundreds,,,, in sted of 99's lol

Old 11-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

thats always good and yea thats why we want ones that we can attach and detach so if its snowing or raining or gonna b muddy we take them off its nice and ry out we put them on

Old 11-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

also we r going to get them powdercoated and idk eihter to get all gold or black rims and gold spinner attachment

Old 11-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

well you could make them like hub caps so that they attach to the in side wall of the rim or a better way meight be to have it attach to the hub bolts but not using the nuts that keep the bikes tires on a seperate set of nuts. that might actualy work it would be most likely easier to machine too. that would be a good idea to get them pwder coated that way it doesn't chip off or scratch really.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

I wanted to rig something like that with a few fan blades but never did.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Picture a bead lock wheel..... You can use the beads,or whatever you want to call them, on the wheel to be your anchor for a solid plate, on the plate you can put the spinners and have all the technical stuff behind the plate wall and decending into the actual inside of the wheel. Get my drift? if u use this method sned me some! lol

Old 11-19-2004, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe something like this but a little bigger and adding the effect that it spins too.
I think the biggest problem you might encounter is that they might not spin as much as you think they will because of the small diameter of the wheel... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: spinner rims can it be done??