Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WHAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(02 Raptor)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(02 Raptor)

I have any 02 RAptor with a RPM Dominator axle, with the stock hubs. Anyone find that there is a bit of play fornt to back with the hubs..and i also cant keep the hub nuts tight. Everytime i check them i can loosen them with my hand. I torque evrything to recomendations but still no luck.It seems like there is the same amount of free play when i try the hubs back onto my stock akle, so maybe there is to be a little tiny bit of play. Also when the axle is installed i have maybe a mm of play from side to side(if you grab the axle and try to push it into the carrier then tgry to pull it out of carrier) is this noraml..should the sprocket move side to side a tiny bit...jsu checking to make sure evrything is right..checking everything over before the ice racing season...Another thing when i was installing the axle the little screws that go into the axle nuts, that have an allan head on them, well the allan key broke off in one of them,FLUSH...how can i get this out so i can retighten axle nuts if i ahve to, i dont want to ruin my axle threads..thanx a lot..SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

Well ive tried evry fu#$ing way to drill the allen key out of the set screw out and no metal bit out there will go through it, tried about 15 different ones ..what now..can i jus take 1 set screw out and crank it off..theres no way its coming out...im just about ready to say F#$k it and cut evrything off...stupidest design ever yamaha!!! good job on that setup...a little allen key head..must have some good designers working for them..a 5 yr old could come up with something better.never been soo pissed off

Old 11-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

Try using a magnet to get the broken allen head out of the screw. And don't torque it so tight next time. If that doesnt work, your probably going to have to drill out the whole screw and retap and install a new screw.
Use a colbalt bit and drill very slowly and make sure you stay in the middle of the screw.

Have fun.

Old 11-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The axle shouldn't have any side play

Old 11-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

My lock nut comes loose also, I use tape so it won't slide or seperate during riding.