Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Clymer Manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clymer Manual

I want to get the Clymer Maint. Manual for my 05 660 Rappys.
I went to the Clymer website and the only one they have listed is for 01-03 Raptors.
Is this going to be the same thing for mine, or were there major changes to the rappy since 2003?

Or does anyone know when they will release their newer manual?

Is there another manual anyone recommends?
I heard that the OEM manual assumes quite a bit of mechanical skills (which I dont have) and skips details.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default Clymer Manual

I just called Clymer and they said that the 2003 manual just came out and there is no newer one expected anytime soon.

I looked at the OEM and that one covers from 01-05 so I am assuming nothing has changed from those years and I would be okay in getting the 03 manual from Clymer???

Old 12-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Clymer Manual

I have an 04 Raptor, but bought the 01-03 Clymer off E-Bay. Nothing has really changed except for the tranny and rear shock and that is explained in the manual. Get the 01-03 and it will be fine.

-Brandon

Old 12-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clymer Manual

i was going to buy a clymers because it was so cheap, until i saw it was only for 'minor' work on the quad. i just bought the reg. old OEM service manual that tell every spec of the quad and how to completly teardown and rebuild

Old 12-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clymer Manual

i can vouch for how good the factory service manuels are. there was 3 guys that helped me completely rebuild my beartracker and none of us had ever split the case on a motorcycle engine before.( we had done top end rebuilds all the time, and alot of work on cars) anyway becuase clymer or haynes didnt have one for it i had to spend the extra money on the OEM manualm i am so glad i did. it was like reading "complete beartracker engine rebuild for dummies" it told you every step of the way including what i hate about alot of the other manuals that tell you to look up the specified tourqe settings on nuts and bolts on a different page this one told you what tourqe evry bolt should be at.

Old 12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clymer Manual

Originally posted by: ZillaRider87
i was going to buy a clymers because it was so cheap, until i saw it was only for 'minor' work on the quad. i just bought the reg. old OEM service manual that tell every spec of the quad and how to completly teardown and rebuild
Clymer has all of that plus color wiring diagrams for half the price.

Old 12-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clymer Manual

Clymer manuals go over EVERYTHING. I used to have a factory honda one and it sucked, it went over rebuilding the whole motor but it lacked helpful hints, fewer pics, and for sure didn't go into as much detail. I've bought a clymer manual for every quad i've owned and will buy one for the next quad I own. I think you should be fine with the 03 manual, on my old banshee manual it had different instructions for a few different years when they changed some things.

Old 12-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clymer Manual

Originally posted by: maddog56
Clymer has all of that plus color wiring diagrams for half the price.
the clymer i was about to buy said it only gave info for MINOR engine work and its the only clymer for my quad i can find anywhere.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clymer Manual

you gettin that Zilla ready for silver lake?

Old 12-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clymer Manual

the clymer i was about to buy said it only gave info for MINOR engine work and its the only clymer for my quad i can find anywhere.
Well then you did better than me because I cant even find a clymer for a zilla online.

Quick Reply: Clymer Manual