Lights and Stator for Raptors??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights and Stator for Raptors??

I am about to put a L&A One Way in my 02 Raptor
While I was at it I figured I would go ahead and put in a new Stator
What is the best stator i can get for it?
As far as lighting i want some small lights like the lazerstars but i want them to mount in the stock location not on the handlebars
do any companies make light brackets for that position
i mean i know someone does cause i saw tons of em in little sahara like that
also do they come in kits or do i need to get the brackets and lights seperately

also since i have the flywheel off is there any better aftermarket ones that really make a difference

it is cold here and the quad is fixing to be put up for winter except for when i do the one way,stator, axle bearings,axle, chain, sprockets, and install graphics kit
i will have it ready for the snakehunt next year which will probibably be my first ride of the year

thanks for the help

Old 12-07-2004, 03:18 AM
Quad Patrol

I havens't seen the lights your referring to, they sound tricked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I'd contact rickystator.com for any electrical questions you might have. He is real good at answering your questions over the internet. I had him rewind the stator on my mojave and it has worked flawlessly for 4-5 years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Recently talked to him about lights for a raptor 80 and he was very helpful. Good Luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

trail tech has a lot of different lighting options for just about any quad. check out http://www.trailtech.net/

not to discourage you from going with the stock location, but I used trail tech's kit to mount their lights on my stock light mount and they broke off. maybe I just got a crappy frame from yamaha. there is nothing wrong with trail tech's kit, it was just my stock mounts were crappy and broke off. or maybe I ride my quad a little harder than yamaha's expectations. go figure. I hate weak factory parts.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Range Rover

thanks i checked out trail tech and i think i will get the hid lights they have.
they clamp onto the frame instead of mounting in stock location

thanks again for the link

Old 12-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

You will love the HIDs! Just be prepared to pay $60-$80 for a replacement HID light. I had one go out and trailtech exhanched it, but now a couple of weeks ago, another hid went out and I doubt they will replace it free of charge. They are a GREAT company to do business with but they have quality problems at times. Also, make sure you solder all of your electrical connectios for the HIDs, any slight loss of current will cause the lights to go out and you will have to turn them off and back on again. They can be a pain if you dont have them setup correctly, trust me...Ive had them go out on me while riding at midnight out in the desert with no other lights but the moon's light...NOT FUN! I've also had problems with the regular torch lights that caused me a race. One of the wires of the light broke off and was touching the inside of the housing and blew a fuse, that was the end of the race for me(had to wait for someone to stop and give me a spare fuse). If you have any questions, let me know...Ive had these lights for a while now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]