Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor TurboCharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor TurboCharger

id like to get some opinions on turbochargers for raptors. i think its a great idea but my friend who has a yfz450 and is very experienced with quads said its not worth it.what do u guyz think??

Old 12-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Do what makes your happy. If you want to turbo a raptor go ahead, if you want to put a jato rocket on the back of your bike, go ahead. Don't listen to anyone else, do what makes you happy. Be Original

Old 12-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well think about it. It costs about 3k to get the most mild of 727cc raptors. For 3500 you can have that kind of power and not have to worry about the consequences of a massive overbore.

There are a few websites, seems like I post them every month or so. Do a quick search and the two or three sites will pop up.

MR Turbo, www.kmsperformance.com, and I think there is one or two more. KMS makes the EFI for the rap as well.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

LOL yeah your right but i just wanted some opinions from some more experienced riders to see if it was worth it. i mean turbochargers arent the cheapest performance parts out so i just wanted a second opinion.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe there are only 3 people on these boards that have/had them on a raptor. This topic has been discussed in length before and it may be hard to get those members' attention so a search is going to be your best bet.

Its a different bike and different results, but turbos are all the rage on the bombs. You may want to slide in there and see what they have to say.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

4000 to do a turbo in Phx

Old 12-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

$ for $ if you're starting from stock, turbo set-up may be the future, but most people are still building the motor, I can't say what I would do If I started from scratch again.

With a turbo you will find yourself on the line by yourself a lot, most people want to line up against motor to motor, a lot of NOS bikes will be there as always to take what they can, but I'm not a big fan of bottle power, it's a bolt on that all can do, and it works, and to each their own, but running build against build on gas or alky is most people's cup of tea.

I'll line up against 'um all , I don't care, I'm just having fun

Old 12-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

RaptorAddicted let me know what you are trying to do with your quad and I will see if I can point you in the right direction. I have built many engines (no quads, all auto) with turbo's on them and know the +'s and -'s of them.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

EFI would be my first if I had to start from scratch, do away with all this rejetting.

Ask Scooby about how much a turbo can change a bike.

~HoundDog

Old 12-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

like italian said 4k in phx, keep your stock bore, low compression is better, your going to need a longer swingarm and velcro for your seat. fuel injection, digital mapping, turbo, rocket. and they finance.

Quick Reply: Raptor TurboCharger