Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

I think the Recluse is less of a AutoClutch and more of a anti-stall device. You still have to pull the clutch to shift all gears. It eliminates stalling and has counterweights that prevent the motor from stalling when below 200 rpms and the clutch is out. I believe it is needed more on the 450r with its stall prone gearing than the yfz.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

Or people could just learn how to drive manual better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

if people put auto clutches on a yfz they should be shot. that is the worst idea in the world. if they cant use the clutch or dont like it then they DONT belong on the bike. they belong on a 250ex

Old 01-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

Have any of you, or do any of you race XC?

If any of you did then you would much better having a Z-start conversion would be, especially on dead engine starts. Imagine leaving the line in 2nd or 3rd gear ahead of everyone else, the Z-start will give you perfect feathering each and every time. It also eliminates stalling, now before you all say just learn to ride. I have been riding for about 16 years and racing for a couple years. Yes I still do stall in races sometimes, EVERYONE does. I want to see someone ride as hard as they can through all kinds of terrain for over 2 hours and not stall once.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

well i trail ride my yfz i dunno about racing but im looking into gettin one for my usage!

Old 01-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

Originally posted by: Raptorboy4life
off topic- Ian- wat did tigger get for christmas? Dan said he got a yfz lol i wanna ride it
he got the new yellow black yfz...allie got a snowmobile

they each got like 3g in quad parts

Old 01-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

Originally posted by: zukiscott
Have any of you, or do any of you race XC?

If any of you did then you would much better having a Z-start conversion would be, especially on dead engine starts. Imagine leaving the line in 2nd or 3rd gear ahead of everyone else, the Z-start will give you perfect feathering each and every time. It also eliminates stalling, now before you all say just learn to ride. I have been riding for about 16 years and racing for a couple years. Yes I still do stall in races sometimes, EVERYONE does. I want to see someone ride as hard as they can through all kinds of terrain for over 2 hours and not stall once.
finally someone who understands the positives of it
thxs

Old 01-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

I NEVER STALL - NEVER!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

Originally posted by: raptorblasterracer
Originally posted by: Raptorboy4life
off topic- Ian- wat did tigger get for christmas? Dan said he got a yfz lol i wanna ride it
he got the new yellow black yfz...allie got a snowmobile

they each got like 3g in quad parts
I saw it today.. I am getting the Yellow n Black one just like that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got to .. its beautiful... lol

Old 01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default AUTO CLUTCH YFZ

Originally posted by: OverRaTeD
I think the Recluse is less of a AutoClutch and more of a anti-stall device. You still have to pull the clutch to shift all gears. It eliminates stalling and has counterweights that prevent the motor from stalling when below 200 rpms and the clutch is out. I believe it is needed more on the 450r with its stall prone gearing than the yfz.
u show me any gasoline powered single cylinder motor that can still be considered running at 200 rpm's and ill give ya a dollar...

Quick Reply: AUTO CLUTCH YFZ