Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

another wolverine question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 03:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another wolverine question

if you pull the spark arrester out and drill holes in it,will it give you some extra power as well as some deeper sounds?....anyone know of any good wolverine links?

Old 01-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another wolverine question

I removed the spark arrester from my muffler, drilled out the plug and heavy screen wire that is 10 or 12 inches in from the end of the muffler. ( I think the hole saw I used was 1.25 inches) I then went to work on the spark arrester. I removed the small cone shaped piece that is in the middle of the arrester and the screen wire. I removed the four pieces from the end of the arrester that keeps it centered in the pipe. I used a 3/8 bit to add holes in the rear of the arrester (where it did not have any holes) I then fabricated a new cone shaped piece to direct the exhaust flow into the new holes. This piece is welded on and also serves to keep the arrester centered in the the muffler. It has a very nice sound to it. As far as power, it's hard to say. It feels stronger, but it may just be because it is louder. I did a plug check after the modification and found that I will have to put a larger jet in the carb so I would say that it did allow it to breath better. I made a hand drawing of the spark arrester and took a picture of it in case you are interested. (the photo is on my bio page) If you want I can take the arrester out and take a photo of it. Just remember, if you remove that screen wire and drill those holes, it will no longer be an approved spark arrester.