Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dogriders webpage gone??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dogriders webpage gone??

I just heard that the dogriders webpage was no longer available, so I went to look, and sure enough, I can't seem to find it anywhere??
Anyone else heard anything about this??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: 2fun
I just heard that the dogriders webpage was no longer available, so I went to look, and sure enough, I can't seem to find it anywhere??
Anyone else heard anything about this??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
It seems that they are bowing out. Thats to bad, i gained alot of knowledge from their site.........You will be missed Daddog & Dogriders
Daddog & Dogriders Web site with there farewell..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I agree. That really sucks! To be honest though, I knew this was coming, though you never believe it till you see it.

I E-mailed Daddog several months ago to ask permission to copy some of his material (since he had copied material from our website www.allthingsmoto.com as well). He gave me the ok, and said take everything you want because his site wouldn't be up much longer. He just asked that we give them credit for the info which we of course did.

Their recent stuff (from last may till now) never made it to our site, but we did take (what we considered to be) the best technical info as far as jetting, and most of the "how to" videos. I also went through and edited for spelling and grammar as much as possible. The result is that you can still see and view most of what we considered to be valuable info about the YFZ and jetting info.

There are also other great sites out there for the YFZ besides atv connection that for some reason this site won't allow me to post??
Anyway.......

I am really surprized at the amount of resistance they recieved, but at the same time can understand why. They were TRULY awesome, and I will miss them greatly! We will miss you Dogriders........................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

y are they closing the doors?

Old 01-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

My understanding is the cost of the space on their website was too much for them to continue affording it. That along with the fact that they were probably tired of typing, and wanted to get out and ride. Not have to be responsible for keeping the site and its information up?

He DID tell me its was expensive to keep the site running at the size and amount of space it was taking. Seems to me, that, along with the time issue wore them out. Too bad. Excellent info there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

i know that site gave me the info to go out and get a yfz 450 instead of the trx 450r

Old 01-09-2005, 02:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wow, that sucks. They had some great info, and even better video's.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
Wow, that sucks. They had some great info, and even better video's.
Yeah.
Like I said, we pulled quite a few of the videos over to www.allthingsmoto.com so if anyone needs to view them, or any of the other jetting info, we were able to save most of what we thought to be valuable.

Kind of like a Dogrider shrine if you will! LOL!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]