Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I need rear Tires &

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need rear Tires &

As an informed buyer I checked out a couple of online stores and found that the tires I want for my Banshee are around 70 bux each plus shipping & local mounting.

All my local shops showed me there book that says this same tire goes for 101.90 bux each, plus tax, plus Mounting, 10 bux each and an enviromenyal tax of 5.dollars each. So that total is to around 249.09.
I can argu the Enviromental tax off at a couple of shops.

Here is my question, Is this normal for shops to charge this much more than the online stores

Even if it cost 30 bux to ship +20 bux to mount its still like 58 bux less.

Items Price Quantity Total

ITP Holeshot HD
Tire Size: 20X11-9 HD - $12.00 $69.95 $139.90

Total $139.90 Plus shipping
This price is from Magic Racing minus shipping

When I showed them the price of Magic Racing they said there are prolly some hidden cost and they cant sell them that cheap.

What would most of you peps here do? Anyone here ever buy tires from Magic racing and if so how much was shipping?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

um try rockymountainatv.com there prtty good with prices

Old 01-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer

That was my 1st search. I couldnt find ITP or Holeshot tires on there search engine. I found rims from ITP but not the tires.
Thanks fastblaster00!

Old 01-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

check out ronnies or rocky mountain

Old 01-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO Magic racing is the best kept secret of atv parts. They are cheaper than Rockymountain, have better shipping and more knowledgeable and more helpful staff. I have bought 5 sets of tires from them and one from RM because Magic is just that much better. The only drawback is a more limited stock, but they can still order most items.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Maddog is right! I buy almost everything from them and have been completely satisfied.Their shipping is ultra fast.There are no hidden charges on their tires(your dealer wants you to believe that so you will buy from them instead).

Old 01-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cave
As an informed buyer I checked out a couple of online stores and found that the tires I want for my Banshee are around 70 bux each plus shipping & local mounting.

All my local shops showed me there book that says this same tire goes for 101.90 bux each, plus tax, plus Mounting, 10 bux each and an enviromenyal tax of 5.dollars each. So that total is to around 249.09.
I can argu the Enviromental tax off at a couple of shops.

Here is my question, Is this normal for shops to charge this much more than the online stores

Even if it cost 30 bux to ship +20 bux to mount its still like 58 bux less.

Items Price Quantity Total

ITP Holeshot HD
Tire Size: 20X11-9 HD - $12.00 $69.95 $139.90

Total $139.90 Plus shipping
This price is from Magic Racing minus shipping

When I showed them the price of Magic Racing they said there are prolly some hidden cost and they cant sell them that cheap.

What would most of you peps here do? Anyone here ever buy tires from Magic racing and if so how much was shipping?

Thanks for you help in advance.
rocky mountain does have those tires and the cost 69.95 a piece and there in utah pretty close to where you live.also they have 6ply maxxis razr for 48.99 apiece. ihave a set on my raptor and love them.if you get the maxxis youll save over 40 dollars plus get the puncture resistance of a 6ply tire.or they have 4 ply for 40.99.in my opion razr are the way to go.

Old 01-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Trailblazer

maddog56, what was your shipping cost. Did you mount the tires yourself?
BURKEDADDY, I'll give R M a try later today. I couldnt find the tires there. Utah is 45 minutes from Me by air.
I've used both of these companies in the past. I Just didnt realize the cost difference in tires. I figured the online stores would make up some cost in the shipping.
Thanks everyone for all your help.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

i didnt check online, i looked the tires up in the catalog.and yes it is normal for shops to get every pennie they can. when i got my maxxis razrs my local steelership quoted me double the price rocky mountain did.so i drove 70 miles to rocky mountain and bought from there.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

When you get the tires, shoot down to WalMart and they mount them for about $3 a piece to save some coin. Welcome to the world of ATVs, an endless stream of money out of your pocket.

Quick Reply: I need rear Tires &