Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

History of Quad Riding for you!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default History of Quad Riding for you!!

How did everyone start out riding? What were the machines that popped your cherry? Favorites and experiences.

Mine:
when i was 6 i rode a Yamaha moto-4 80....my brother and i rode the crap out of that thing. didnt ride it hard...but every waking hour itn seemed like we were riding that thing. when i was 11 i moved up to the Yamaha Champ 100 and rode that for about 2 more years. when i was 13 i started riding my dads old Honda 250X...i loved that thing. then when i was 16 i started riding the warrior and rode it til i was 19...then i bought it from my dad because he was going to sell it if i didnt buy it. Now i bought a raptor a few days ago and am going to have to sell my warrior. Its been in the family now since it was new in 1989...its gonna be a sad day in our house when she goes down the road. I was very fortunate to grow up riding quads, i feel it helped me dicipline myself and also gave me something to work for while i was in school. i would have never given that up for anything. i hope to do the same thing with my kids some day.

lets hear em guys!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

wtf???? nobody started out riding quads here or what???? c'mon

Old 01-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] i guess i started out looking at these fascinating machines, my dad bought me a recon and its been vrmm ever since

Old 01-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

For me it started out around the age 12. I used to ride my bmx bike to the local sandpit and watch everyone ride. MY favorite was a Kawaski Mojave.

So that was my first bike I bought. A used 1989 Kawasaki Mojave for $800.

After a year or so I made switch over to dirtbikes.
I traded the Mojave in for $1100 and paid another $200 to buy 1987 Suzuki RM125.

Again I rode that for year and wanted back in to quads. Sold my dirtbike for $1200.

Meanwhile my parents thought I was nuts. I rode that same Bmx bike down the road
and bought offered it to a guy who had a 1989 Warrior just sitting there. He took the cash and my dad
and I picked it up that night.

Now it was time for my license so I got out of ATVs for a few years. I came home from college and two of my friends had purchased quads.
So I promptly went out and bought a used 2001 Yamaha Wolverine. Fun bike, but not enough to keep up with the Warriors, Banshees, and 400's I was riding with at the time.

So again I sold that and bought a used 2000 Honda 400ex. It was fun wheelie bike but I was cramped on it. Drove it for about 5 months and up for sale that went.

Time to order my first new quad...a 2002 Yamaha Raptor. I loved that quad, but my friends had stopped riding by this time. They werent' willing to trailer their quads places. So again this one went for sale after a short 6 month life with me.

This time I switched over to street bikes and bought a used 2001 Yamaha FZ1, but due to my work I never got to ride it much. After a year and 2000 miles later this too went up for sale.

Fast forward 3 years to the present and I'm now a homeowner, hate shoveling, miss riding, and want something to take me on the ice to fish with.

I just bought a 2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660 with a plow and winch.

This makes my 4th Yamaha ATV and and 5th Yamaha motor vehicle altogther. All of them being the Yamaha blue. I guess I have some sort of brand loyalty.

Koko

Old 01-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

1980 something Breeze and a 1986 225 moto-4 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I got burrls on those things when I was a kid! I remember rolling the Breeze a couple times lol

Old 01-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

I went riding with my friends when we were 15/16 years old, and some kid has a kawasaki bayou 220, thats what i rode for thw whole day and i was hooked, i went to a powersports place and almost bought a polaris trailblazer, when it cost only 1800 new, but that feel through and i stopped riding for a while. One day i was driving back to mywarehouse in the company truck and to kill some time i stopped at a yamaha/honda dealership. I walked out the owner of a 05 raptor 350.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Quad Patrol

Started in 1987 on a Mojave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Got out of it for awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Then, about 8-9 years ago, friend invited us to Pismo and the flame was started again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, we have 6 atvs and ride when ever we can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Looking at buying a toy hauler this year and some of our own property[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Great family fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I STARTED off on a go cart with a 5 horse briggs&straton engine I was about 8 my dad just came home from work one day and said come out side and in back of his truck sat a go cart i was in ahhh him and my mom un loaded it and and I took off it was great!!! then 2 years latter burned the briggs motor and he bought me a 5 hp honda to go on back on her an wow it freakin flew with my lanky little azz on it rode it for about 3 years an he gave it to my lil cuz and we went and bought a used 87 honda 250 trx we doubled on it for about 2 years and then in 95 he bought his new kawasaki bayou 300 and I rode the honda about 6 months and she just kept breaking down about every ride couldnt keep brake's on it etc;thats HONDA for you anyways then he sold the honda for 1,200 and he went and bought me a brand new 96 YAMAHA timberwolf it was great i would love to have one now there great trail quads soooo fun anywho rode it for about 3 years.And during that time i was into car audio and i had 4 rockford fosgate 15z and two sound stream amps and my freind had came over one day and said he new someone with a tri- z in great shape and he would probaly trade me it for all my audio i went an looked at it i had no clue of what a tri-z was at the time rode it and i was in ahhhh so i got him to bring it to my house and i started takeing out all my amp's and subs and traded him rode it for about 2 years and sold it because i had met this girl and I thought!!!! I was in love and wanted to buy her a freaking engagement RING SOO i sold it for 1,500 and bought her a ring and about 4 months latter my timber wolf got stole ooooh i was soooo pizzed so i didnt ride for about a year I broke up with that girl and got my ring back and went to the pawn shop haha pawned it for 800 an i found a 93 kdx 200 for 800 bucks bought it rode it for a few and got tierd of it real fast so i sold it didnt ride for about 3 years and from out of no were i got the urge to ride so I worked for a whille and got a down payment up and got on 05 RAPTOR 350 WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH YAHAMA ALL THE WAY!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

the first quad i ever ridden was a 9? honda 300 (dont know model) first sport quad i rode was a 03 raptor. then i bought my 87 zilla

Old 01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

fourtrax 300 is what ur talking about

Quick Reply: History of Quad Riding for you!!