Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just Wipped Out On the Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2000, 07:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went riding at a new track yesturday. A track that dirt bikes ride whats that mean lots of nasty ruts. For the first hour I took my time because my Raptor is just over a week old. The power is scary. Well I started to lay the hammer down after I felt more comfortable with the rutty track. Well I hit this one jump way to fast. The front end just kept coming up to the point it was straight up and down. I had to bail in the air. I landed on my lower back and the raptor landed on the wheelie bar which bent and so did the stainless steel cap to the muffler. I was really hurt. I fixed the dent in the pipe and you would never no it. The grab bar is another story I now need a new one. Thank God it isn't a 400 because it definitely would have cost me a subframe. This is because the 400 grabbar is welded to the frame. So its only going to cost me 30bucks versus $250. My stock handlebars also bent so I ordered Renthals and yes the crossbar pad will fit with the key. The only real bad news was I had serious pain today and had to go to the hospital. Found out I broke my tailbone(coccyx) in three places. In other words I will be down in out for some time. That sucks. Everyone be careful with all that power. The problem with the Raptor is you really don't know how fast its really going. There's no vibration and it's amazingly quiet. Atleast my Raptor isn't as f@cked up as me. Hope I heal soon.

Old 09-13-2000, 08:04 PM
guy
Range Rover

Look at the bright side, because of your accedent, you were forced to buy some extra cool handlebars, something you probably would have done anyway. Hope you get better.

Old 09-13-2000, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, you might be the first to wreck their Raptor in whole country!

Glad you weren't hurt to bad.....It could have been worse.

Old 09-13-2000, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Wow at least you have some power, I mean look at what I ride......I wouldn't even beable to get it in the air. Hope you feel better. The Raptor looks like a nice machine to me.

Old 09-13-2000, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Can we get a picture and an X-ray?
Be carefull out their. Now you have another six week wait. Thats got to hurt,
No tail for you.

Old 09-13-2000, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Tuff break! I'm glad it wasn't a serious fracture, or more damaging than the discomfort your in. Hope you heal soon, and thanks for the warning.

FYI - When I jumped my 400EX, the bone jarring effects landing hard, were under appreciated. I know now, that landing on four wheels, with the extreme jolt that "too much air" gave, was a message from above telling me to sell it, and get raptor!

Don't get back on that thing until you have healed fully, and Keep that lid on!

Old 09-14-2000, 01:32 AM
Range Rover

Hope you feel better man,untill you can get back on your rapter i will help out and come over to take it for a walk(ride} around the block to make sure its running good for you....be by at 6

Old 09-14-2000, 01:35 AM
Range Rover

Sound like a rear pain in the A$$! I ride with a permanent crack in my tailbone and it does get sore after a while. I have been living with it since 92. it is a result of a pelvic fracture. Glad to see you guys actually got a real quad to crash on!

Old 09-14-2000, 09:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about the bad luck. I have broke my tail bone twice and know what you are going through. After about a month and a half standing up and sitting down will get much easier.

Old 09-14-2000, 09:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Does'nt hurt at all when riding. It does take longer to heal when it gets broke again though.

Quick Reply: Just Wipped Out On the Raptor