Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Craycraft Racing is in the new Sand Sports magazine

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craycraft Racing is in the new Sand Sports magazine

UBETRUN- I am to old, to learn to spell. I perfer everyone have a number or letter than a name. lol

Old 01-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
Craycraft Racing was started by a few guys with a passion for drag racing quads. There are two major brains in the operation, Bob in TX and his brother, Jerry, in AR. Bob is the quad drag racer and Jerry is the motor guru who used to (still?) builds race car motors. Between the two of them (and some slightly insane test riders), they've figured out how to squeeze HP from single cylinder 4 strokes with the Raptor being their favorite. Their new cam is a high water mark for Raptor motors, 10K rpm and still making power. Jerry ports every Craycraft Racing head with his own hands, something not all engine builders can claim. Bob is the front end of the operation and final assembly guy. I've watched Bob work and his attention to detail is off the chart, he is absolutely **** about tolerances and torque specs. If a part is worn or questionable, it gets replaced before it goes out the door. Craycraft motors will run and, equally as important, they stay together. Bob is a wealth of information and if you've ever had the chance to talk to him, you'll know that he shares it freely. Even if you don't end up buying a Craycraft motor, Bob still takes time to help folks with their problems. When all factors are considered - performance, reliability, cost, turnaround time, and customer service, Craycraft Racing is a top shelf outfit. I've had 2 Craycraft Raptor motors and been completely satisfied with both. I'm not associated with Craycraft Racing, there are hundreds of satisfied customers that would say exactly the same thing. Even as quickly as word spreads on the internet, you won't find a single dissatisfied customer. If Craycraft Racing ever goes public, I'm buying stock:-)
I SECOND THAT!! I am also on my second build with Bob and his communication skills and knowledge is far by the other top engine builders. I have dealt with a few and there is no comparison, well there is, its called NIGHT AND DAY.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
They asked me to send some pics of my craycraft raptor for a write up, but if you read my sig.....
WHAT!!!!!!!!!! You sold your pride and joy!!! R U CRAZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, that was a sweeet quad bro!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Congratulations Bob!!! I am glad to see you get this well deserved recognition!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I have had my share of rebuilds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]There was that time my tranny went in the dunes, next day i was up and going again. Then there was the other tranny- that one took 36 hours, then there was the superchicken 1, superchicken 1A, 2B, then the superchicken 3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and so on. There was a time i cringed everytime i saw Bob. He would tear mine apart just to see how the piston, rings,valves looked. The up side of that was the improvements to each one. He would tear it down and make a change and then we would run it a few weeks and take it down again.

Unless you have a Craycraft it is hard to explain,But Bob does it the right way. The right way takes time but done right. Bob chases ALL the threaded holes before he reassembles, Torques everything ( no matter how small the part from the clutch shaft bolt to the crank and all in between. Bob tears down every motor that comes in, cleans and mics all the parts and puts it back together more like a forumla one team. You send a motor to Trinity, Kenzs or some other shop and YOU never know who is going to tear it down and put it back together and wether they are going to put all the pieces back in it. You can see the pride that Bob takes in his work from the shipping case on. Even the head cover is put back on to where the silicon is perfect. When Bob gets done it is hard to tell from the outside that it was ever taken apart. If Bob sees any questionable part it is replaced. He does not reuse crush washers etc. THAT IS THE KIND of PERSON i want working on my stuff. The way Bob does it is the way that all shops are suppose to but don't yet they charge for the sloppy service.

One of these days i am ging to talk Bob into rebuilding the motor in my Grand National

Old 01-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

********14mins**********

about how much would it be to do the 686 kit on my raptor and beef up the stock tranny? i live in michigan, so it would have to be crated out there and back again? any suggestions on what else to do when having the 686 kit done by bob?

thanks, any info wil help.

Old 01-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

give bob a call 817-441-5893

Old 01-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
UBETRUN- I am to old, to learn to spell. I perfer everyone have a number or letter than a name. lol
That would be fine, you can call me "Number 1":-)

Old 01-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ubetrun- I was wondering how long it would be, before someone posted #1 lol