Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ jetting--yet again

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ jetting--yet again

I'm new to this site but came across it while trying to find help on my YFZ jetting. I think that I've read all the post about it and still have a few questions-- I run harescramble races and have added a FMF factory 4 slip on. I have to run with the lid on my box due to the sometimes extream mud and water we run through. Now first off can anyone reccomend a airbox for these conditions? I'm using a twin air filter thinking of changing to uni? At aprox. 1500-2500ft rejeted carb main 168 piliot 47 and 2 turns air fuel. Runs ok but when in neutral you goose it goes up clean comes back down and pops half way back down followed by a nice little flame out the back. Stock motor. Running a GYTR jet kit and NCVQ needle I believe the 3rd clip. Is this popping normal? Any other cheap upgrades I should consider?--Thanks

Old 01-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Check out this EHS air box lid.......Your flame pop could be a rich condition, thats why i'm showing you this air box lid and not suggesting to re-jet. From your post and the alt. your at, your close on your jetting

Old 01-13-2005, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks--read your post and ordered one. Any other tips? What filter are you guys running? I wanted to ask some people that had some knowledge. About 20 min into the last race the thing shut off on me and would not restart. Found out the next day the fix was a new plug. Old one did not appear to be fouled nor running lean. Scared the crap out of me. Thought ohno motor was lean and I fried it. Thanks--

Old 01-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Have you done the cam mod? It's free.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Free? Cam mod? I'm not sure what your getting at but how much will it shorten the life of my motor?

Old 01-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R
Check out this EHS air box lid.......Your flame pop could be a rich condition, thats why i'm showing you this air box lid and not suggesting to re-jet. From your post and the alt. your at, your close on your jetting
ROFL lololol are you kidding me with that lid!!? Do you know how cheap you can make that fscking thing for!? lol That is crazy...

Old 01-14-2005, 12:34 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: D3athShad0w
ROFL lololol are you kidding me with that lid!!? Do you know how cheap you can make that fscking thing for!? lol That is crazy...
How cheap?? I for one like to keep my stock lid intact. So factor in the cost of a new lid, aluminum, Outerware material, design time,set-up time for the machine(CNC), and labor. So yeah, if you're a machinist you may save a couple bucks...........

Old 01-14-2005, 03:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Originally posted by: D3athShad0w
How cheap?? I for one like to keep my stock lid intact. So factor in the cost of a new lid, aluminum, Outerware material, design time,set-up time for the machine(CNC), and labor. So yeah, if you're a machinist you may save a couple bucks...........
I agree LTZevil400, it's easier to buy this than to try and get the materials, then fab it up. I'll stick with buying it.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

I'm cheap but I'll stick to buying one. Whatever I make or rig up always seems to fall apart so I'll trust anyones craftsmenship over mine.

Old 01-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They're nice covers, i have one on my yfz and it works great!!!!!!