Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best MX Pipes For Banshee???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2000, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, I'm eventually going to break down and get different pipes. I ride trails/mx and I really need some better ones. Toomey's are popular, but I hear that either DMC or MotoFast give it really good low end. I am willing to sacrafice some top end, for some grunt.. but not alot.. I still wanna smoke my friend's 400ex in 5th gear. I know Pro-Circuit's look like a good choice, but I'm not certain on which I should get. Any Replies Appreciated Thanks,

Old 09-15-2000, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

The only pipes I have had on my Banshee (other than stock) are the Paul Turner Mid Range with Fat Boy silencers.

I love them. I mainly race MX so that is where I give my opinions. On the stock pipes, I used to shift two or three times on the straights. Mostly it due to needing a low gear to keep the rpms up coming out of the turn. Once I put the Mid Range pipes on, I was only shifting once per straights.

Even other people that tried the Banshee before and after the pipe could not believe the difference. I do not think I “lost” any top end, but those things just pull strong from the bottom to a killer mid range to the “normal” top end. (which already rocked)

Another great thing about the pipes are the fit. I would take my son for a trip around the sand pits near my house. With these pipes, I did not have to worry about his legs getting burnt, nor mine in a race.

I have heard the 2 into 1 pipes are really good for low end, but I do not like the sound and I wanted 2 exhausts.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Old 09-16-2000, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

Got money ? Get LRD pipes. I have had two races with mine and I must say they rock. I have had toomeys,and fmf. The lrd pipes are absolutley the best gd set of pipes made! And thats all I got to say aboout that!! LATER

Old 09-16-2000, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

I agree about the LRD pipes. They are adjustable so you can set it for more low, med, or top end. So if your riding areas vary greatly, they are the pipes to get.

Old 09-16-2000, 10:23 PM
Range Rover

I saw a guy in wellsville with a banshee with the 2 into 1 pipes. They sounded like a piped street bike. He was also running nitrous though. no joke.

Old 09-17-2000, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Hey ctbanshee, are u going to cash this weekend to race??? I wanted to go.. but I had to work today. All 2into1 pipes make the shee sound like an indy car.. but I really like the dual exhaust.. hehe, I took it to a non-alcohol-involved party tonight.. and everyone was like.. Oh man, dual exhuast.. what a bunch of non-highperformance nerds..lol So you guys think LRD are best?? Paul Turner's are nice, but hehe, money is an object.. down here, it hasn't rained in like 100 days straight.. and so all the grass is dead.. no more lawn mowing. Well, thanks for all the help, Later,

Old 09-17-2000, 09:52 AM
Trailblazer

Your choice of pipes also depends on the amount of engine mods you have or will have , different companies porting specs will require certain pipes for maximum power. In other words, dont throw a set of CT top-end pipes on a motor with MX porting from Trinity.