Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

need to decide on mods for my raptor 350

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to decide on mods for my raptor 350

i have a 04 raptor 350 and i normally ride with 400ex's and blaster's. i was looking at a stage one hotcam, an exhaust, new tires, and a K&N airfilter with outerwear.
i have some questions.
- what kind of increase does the hot cam give me (does this decrease the reliability)
- i was looking at the white bros E2 silencer. Sound is an issue (I dont want a loud pipe) anyother suggestions
- for the tires either Razrs or ITP HOLESHOTS (Which ones last longer on average riding)
- is the k&n a good choice or should i stay with foam?

thanks

Old 01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer

also i need a new front bumper ( I was looking at the dg choices which would look better)

Old 01-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

anyone?

Old 01-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hotcams are minimal increase, go with megacycle or web race cams. The hotcams leave you at stock bottom end while the other two give you one hell of an increase in the mids and top end. As for pipe just get one of the good ones: Yoshi, HMF, ect. and just about anything good is somewhat loud. I've recently heard a few people b*tchin about the wb pipes falling apart with age. As for tires the razor2's will probably hold up the longest, but the kenda klaws and ITP ones are excellent as well. The kendas and itps are softer rubber and will wear down quicker than the razor2s (itp mostly). I've heard nothing but good things about the kenda klaws, perhaps you should give a 20" pair a try. For the filter I would recommend the clamp on style foam for trail riding and the k&n for everything else. The pro design is very good and perhaps one of the most common. The reason I say the foam on trails is simply because the k&n filters will plug in no time in very dusty conditions or heavy water and mud. If you wish to still use the k&n buy multiple filters to use on multi day trips, running rich from a plugged filter is always a pain in the ****. For the bumpers you should take a look at the bumpers at magicracing.com, those ac bumpers look good on the warrior and rap350, and are only $70. Oh yeah forgot, a full chassis skid and 1/4" thick swingarm are definately good ideas, it's always a good idea to protect your investments. The ricochet bullet line is probably the best skids i've found to date and can be found at rockymountainatv.com. I've done nothing but beat the crap out of my swingarm guard at top speed on rocks and haven't bent it yet.

Old 01-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

All these questions you need to think about.

1-Not sure on the hotcam.
2-fmf and hmf make a quietcore.
3-Razr's and holeshots are both equally good,in both traction and wear.
4-k&n is a great choice
5-Bumper see which style you like the best.(dg,ac,blingstar,pro-armor,and gytr all make a front bumper)

Old 01-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

wat are teh prices of the web cams and the otehr one.?

anyone else got any info on anything i was asking? please thanks

Old 01-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to tell you this, but the warrior cam WILL NOT work in the raptor 350, they changed the cam bearing and if you try to do it, you will blow your motor up. Hot cams pulled the listing on the raptor 350 because of this, and are designing a new cam. Get an exhaust, i suggest HMF, get a good intake, jet it, and then go with a high comp piston, while you wait for the cam to come out.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

I have a hotcam sitting on my desk next to me waiting on hotcams to get back to me when they make the new one, and they are willing to swap the cam out for the new one, some kid on BT blew his motor 3 times already, 1 with a web cam, twice with the hotcams, just wait on the cam for now.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

when is the came goin to be coming out?
and how much will it cost and what will it give me (performance wise)

how do you like ur mods velociraptor? did they make a big difference? can u beat 400ex's or anythingelse?

Old 01-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer

i love the raptor 350 dont get me wrong i just wanna get more torque and top end out of it. so what should i do if i want those increase. i plan on getting razr's and a new front bumper, and also whole under body skids

Quick Reply: need to decide on mods for my raptor 350